Octavia 08 Front Seat Belt Stalks

I've had my Octavia 2008 TDi Estate from new. Just noticed recently that the drivers side seat belt stalk has a plastic sleeve between the anchorage and the buckle. The passenger side has this plastic sleeve missing, leaving the wire cables to rub against the side of the passenger seat. Thinking it had fallen off, I booked it into Progress Skoda Bedford only to get it back with a new stalk fitted but still with the wires exposed! Dealer response was "They're all like that" (so why change it!!). So can I ask other members to check their seat belt stalks please? Is it really true that the drivers side has a sleeve fitted and the passengers is left with the wire cables exposed?? Any Help appreciated :-)

yep ours is the same on the scout. was concerned initialy thinking it had fallen off but, after checking on the 5 scout's we have at work they are all the same!

Perhaps its EU regulations to lower emissions :giggle:

Maybe they fit a sleeve to the driver side because it has an extra wire to carry the "seat belt fastened" signal.

We have a winner - this is the exact reason. I queried it when i picked up my 2008 vRS TFSI.

The sleeve is only fitted to hide the wiring on the drivers seat.