Fiscon Quality Issue

Hi,

Kinda happy'ish with the functionality of the Kufatech Fiscon Plus unit that I have had fitted to my vRS, however, there seems to be an issue with people not hearing me very well.

I have two devices that I connect. One is the dodgy little Nokia phone that work supplied me and I have this connected most of the time. People keep telling me that they can hear themselves better than they can hear me or that I sound like I'm underwater! The other device is my iPhone4 which is a little better but not amazing in terms of the voice quality. Any suggestions at all?

The mic itself is mounted in the OEM position on the light cluster which is sligtly on the drivers side in the centre.

Any help from you knowledgable peeps would be appreciated :)

Rich

Mine works fine, no issues like you decribe.

I had mine fitted by Richter Sport (official importer) who put the mic on the drivers side A pillar NOT the OE mic location. Not sure why they did that (easier routing maybe for the wires, or maybe theres a conflict with something else if they use the OE location?)

Maybe try relocating the mic, or call the guys at Richter and see if they have any suggestions?

I suffer the same problems. I use it with my works blackberry and my iPhone.

My mic is in the oe location

I have spoken to fiscon re the echo and they did adivse to change the echo setting on the blackberry which helped but the overall quality is **** poor. People can't hear me particularly well.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received before I rip it out of the car!

Edited by zimmerman

Probably not!

I was hoping for a few more responses before I decided to move the mic.

Maybe if you could have the MIC hanging freely from the OE position centre courtesy light for a while you could test to see if it suffering from the physical contact. Then if that works fine you might be able to improve the seating of the microphone when you put the centre light back together? At least then you wouldn't have to reroute the cabling.

i've got a similar problem with mine, however im going to try thissolution. They make a mic that clips properly into the light cluster, hopefully this'll resolve it.

Looks good! I'd be really interested in any feedback that you might have when it's been installed. What comes standard then? Is it just a mic sat loose in the cluster? I guess you'll have to strip it all down again to fit this one!

Fiscon do a mic especially designed to go into the OEM position, if you've fitted the standard mic there then that coud be your issue. I have mine on the door pillar and haven't had any issues...

Edit: Waplord linked to the one I was withering on about!

Edited by IndianaBlues

I've got a fiscon plus installed in my car and I have the mic in the OEM location (light cluster) and all is fine for me (using a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and a BlackBerry Curve 8900).

The mic I'm using is the one in waplord's post, and all the settings are the 'default' settings.

J

• 1 year later...

Would a fiscon kit with vw and skoda labels on the box definitely work with my iPhone 4 nearly bought a non universal kit from Germany so am wanting to check it will work

I got a Fiscon Basic Plus, and use my iPhone 4 every day with it. No probs. Good call quality, connects everytime, and can control from my Columbus.

Just don't expect to stream music, front speakers only.

I got a Fiscon Basic Plus, and use my iPhone 4 every day with it. No probs. Good call quality, connects everytime, and can control from my Columbus.

Just don't expect to stream music, front speakers only.

Hi, if you enter the code below, you can get the bluetooth audio working in stereo.

Activation/ Deactivation

Please complete the following process:

1. Pair up your Bluetooth phone with the hands free as usual

2. Press the TEL button on the head unit

3. Enter the following code: *582#XXYY

4. After entering the code please press DIAL

*582#4003

I have also change the maxi dot language to English (*582#3002) and the phone listing to first name, last name (*582#5000)

don't you love it when, the system is installed and half set up

• 3 weeks later...

Just a update, Fiscon make a mic to fit into the correct oem place in the light cluster, this saves having the mic just stuck to the windscreen. Just had mine changed for a lot neater installation.

If you update the phone address book it seems to change back to last name, first name. Just had to rest mine again.