OMG IT'S HERE!

Had an e-mail from the lovely James at Allam's of Epsom a few hours ago... My Furby showed up late Friday and I'm picking him up on Tuesday!! :thumbup::):)

There may well be a few pics...

Elegance 105 DSG, in red. Not added loads - headlight washers, spare wheel, tyre pressure monitor... something else that I can't remember... But will get some pics up on Tuesday or Wednesday!

God I'm like a child at Christmas :rofl:

Same here! Mine arrived on Friday and I'm picking up on Tuesday!

Skoda Fabia RS

Rallye Green

Gigaro Dark Chrome Alloy

Tempo Grey Upholstery

Climate Control

Heated Seats

Cruise Control (standard in Ireland)

Storage Boxes - Front Seats

Bluetooth Prep (standard in Ireland)

Front Armrest (standard in Ireland)

Third Rear Headrest (standard in Ireland)

Heated Washer Nozzles

Glasses Storage Compartment (standard in Ireland)

Rear Interior Light (standard in Ireland)

Rear Electric Windows

Sunset Glass (not standard in Ireland)

MDI (not standard in Ireland)

Edited by fletch555

Same here! Mine arrived on Friday and I'm picking up on Tuesday!

Skoda Fabia RS

Rallye Green

Gigaro Dark Chrome Alloy

Tempo Grey Upholstery

Climate Control

Heated Seats

Cruise Control (standard in Ireland)

Storage Boxes - Front Seats

Bluetooth Prep (standard in Ireland)

Front Armrest (standard in Ireland)

Third Rear Headrest (standard in Ireland)

Heated Washer Nozzles

Glasses Storage Compartment (standard in Ireland)

Rear Interior Light (standard in Ireland)

Rear Electric Windows

Sunset Glass (not standard in Ireland)

MDI (not standard in Ireland)

wish id nipped over to Ireland now, lucky buggers :rofl:

I don't know how easy it is in the Fabia but anyone using the MDi with a swing head unit should really upgrade to the Bolero or Columbus. The difference between scrolling through one line of text at a time and having a full 6.5" touchscreen with slider side bar is amazing.

I've done this recently in my Passat and I can now view and scoll through playlist and albums on the move, something thats virtually impossibe with the swing/Rcd310.

I'm hoping the Amundsen SatNavs 5" screen is good enough for the mdi in the Fabia we have on order.

Cheers

Lee

Elegance 105 DSG, in red. Not added loads - headlight washers, spare wheel, tyre pressure monitor... something else that I can't remember... But will get some pics up on Tuesday or Wednesday!

God I'm like a child at Christmas :rofl:

Congrats, looking forward to the pictures

I'm hoping the Amundsen SatNavs 5" screen is good enough for the mdi in the Fabia we have on order.

I have the Amundsen and connected my iPhone to it. Works pretty well IMO. Easy and clear and quick as well. Only problem is you can't have it connected by Bluetooth and mdi at the same time. Well you can but then neither works!! :( :dull:

....Elegance 105 DSG, in red.....

When was it ordered and what was the estimated and actual build week please?

retiredbri

I have the Amundsen and connected my iPhone to it. Works pretty well IMO. Easy and clear and quick as well. Only problem is you can't have it connected by Bluetooth and mdi at the same time. Well you can but then neither works!! :( :dull:

But am I right in assuming the Amundsen can run both bluetooth for incoming calls etc to the phone if the MDI port has an exernal hard drive attached for instance? :)

I don't know how easy it is in the Fabia but anyone using the MDi with a swing head unit should really upgrade to the Bolero or Columbus. The difference between scrolling through one line of text at a time and having a full 6.5" touchscreen with slider side bar is amazing.

I've done this recently in my Passat and I can now view and scoll through playlist and albums on the move, something thats virtually impossibe with the swing/Rcd310.

Cheers

Lee

If you have a rural address you're going to have fun finding your way home because the amundsen is crap!!!!!!!emoticon-0106-crying.gif

If you have a rural address you're going to have fun finding your way home because the amundsen is crap!!!!!!!emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Should have full 7 digit post code search and full mapping by the time our car is delivered.

Cheers

Lee

But am I right in assuming the Amundsen can run both bluetooth for incoming calls etc to the phone if the MDI port has an exernal hard drive attached for instance? :)

I haven't tried it with a hd, but had mine connected by Bluetooth and a mates iPhone on the MDI so I would assume so!!

When was it ordered and what was the estimated and actual build week please?

retiredbri

Ordered 2 November 2010, was advised build week 11 (week of 14 March) in late January or early February, it arrived in the UK around 26-28 March and the dealer got it late on 1 April.

So. Not long in from the dealer and I am one happy boy. A big thank you to James at Allam's of Epsom - for treating me like a human, not just another customer.

Some photos below - I'll do a quick review in a few days once I've driven him a bit. But the journey home (about 10 miles) was a pleasure. And it's so red and shiny! :rofl:

5592301667_eab526ffcd.jpg

IMG_0359 by deadliftbear, on Flickr

5592302291_4742a2fd29.jpg

IMG_0360 by deadliftbear, on Flickr

5592895926_6935f2892c.jpg

IMG_0361 by deadliftbear, on Flickr

5592304831_de323905a7.jpg

IMG_0362 by deadliftbear, on Flickr

5592899146_8f16892413.jpg

IMG_0363 by deadliftbear, on Flickr

5592308773_51fb00b458.jpg

IMG_0365 by deadliftbear, on Flickr

5592901658_fd01239915.jpg

IMG_0366 by deadliftbear, on Flickr

Very nice :thumbup: looks very good in red B) i hope my vRS estate looks that good in red :yes:

rob

Couple of months ago I saw a red vRS at Gatwick, black roof and wheels and it looked AMAZING. You won't be sorry.

11 miles :) nothing like the feeling of driving a new car eh? :thumbup:

And that was after a 3.5 mile round trip to the petrol station by the garage :)

Looks great, really lovely.

Cheers, I still can't believe it's mine.