Things to check if your vrs gives poor mpg

Okay if you look through previous posts you will see the car has always beena bit of a disappointment.

Well went to an independent garage and they sorted it.

I was worried the dmf or clutch was going turned out the clutch had not been bled. make sure this is done with thebrake fluid change. It made a world of difference and m my clutch never has been slipping.

Car was noisy ad always felt under powered. Guess what it was the breather valve.

A common problem easily diagnosed just try to lift oil cover with the engine running if it is being sucked back your breather has probably gone.

Car now pulls harder runs smoother and will be sharked.

We are getting 60 more miles to a tank too thus resolving another complaint.

Gary

Interesting and very good news for you!

Judging by the recent threads, Shark Stage 1 is awesome and will put a very huge smile on your face!

Just check with your insurance company first. Mine (Skoda Insurance) wanted an extra £120 (currently £570 p.a.). "Well, it's a 25% increase in power Sir!"

Will therefore leave it 11 months until I re-insure and shop around..............

Taken insurance as if modified but will wait till end of warranty to apply stage 1. For us its 460 modified with elephant minus 23 from quidco. it was 398 standard with direct line. Most other companies were 378 up woth same excess.if we went to 550excess it dropped to 313standard.

I am so surprised that 2 simple faults made so much difference to the car. Also main dealers had not diagnosed the fault. They agreed that it was slipping but not enough for a warranty claim.

I was concerned about mapping during warranty, but the advice on here seems to be that it shouldn't affect the warranty unless the failure is as a direct result of the map!

I do, however, feel that it could prove an easy get out to help resist a payout. When has an insurance co (same principle) not looked for an excuse not to pay up?

So waiting until your warranty is over may be sensible!

Enjoy the upgraded car!

with 10 months left on my car insurance policy with Admiral it will cost £27.81 increase for the shark remap for MPG :-)

Can't argue with that!

What's the expected power increase on your car though?

Okay if you look through previous posts you will see the car has always beena bit of a disappointment.

Well went to an independent garage and they sorted it.

I was worried the dmf or clutch was going turned out the clutch had not been bled. make sure this is done with thebrake fluid change. It made a world of difference and m my clutch never has been slipping.

Car was noisy ad always felt under powered. Guess what it was the breather valve.

A common problem easily diagnosed just try to lift oil cover with the engine running if it is being sucked back your breather has probably gone.

Car now pulls harder runs smoother and will be sharked.

We are getting 60 more miles to a tank too thus resolving another complaint.

Gary

Do you mean the PCV?

Normally when they go oil ends up getting blown out of the oil filler cap and you get poor idling.

Definitely the breather valve. It may be called the pcv but mecanic said breather. Its located in front of engine left side. o

It does affect idle speed too. its a common fault I believe google it and you will see it pops up quite often.

Can't argue with that!

What's the expected power increase on your car though?

should be about 10%, but even with a rolling road you will not get an accurate measure of real world increase :-)

should be about 10%, but even with a rolling road you will not get an accurate measure of real world increase :-)

Lucy, is that an mpg specific map then?

If so, sounds interesting. 10% increase in power & better mpg - might be a good option.

Might also hit my insurance less than a power only map - as above, £120 increase!

It may be interesting to do a before and after Rolling Road with that MPG remap.

My car is actually putting out about 14% more BHP and roughly 25% more ft lb Torque, according to the rollers, and that is on a standard car!

So if they didn't actually do anything, just literally put it on the rollers, you would think they have done something!

This is only from my experience, and not saying that the tuners are not doing what you want them too.

Another cause of poor MPG is a dirty air filter. Always worth a check, I change mine every 10k as it makes a big difference to the consumption.

And it will make your turbo last longer.