1.2TS1+DSG - does it have paddles?

The Fabia vRS (because it only comes with DSG) has flappy paddles.

Does the Fabia SE with 1.2TSi(105) + DSG come with paddles?

retiredbri

Edited by retiredbri

As said...No

BUT you can manually change gears by moving the gear lever to the left and pushing it forward to change up and back to change down...

TBH...you really wont use it very often

I just keep it in Auto most of the time

on the dsg i drove it didnt

my sporty road driving days dont happen now

so quite pleased to put it in drive let the gearbox box do its thing

least thats what i do with the scenic and prev autos

and will do if ever the fabia is built!!!!! and delivered

Thanks all

The current Citreon (90PS) has paddles and I find them useful to change up when the engine wants to stay in 3rd or 4th. I guess with 7 gears to choose from and a more powerful 105PS engine, it will much better.

Agree, assuming it ever gets made and delivered :@

retiredbri

As said...No

BUT you can manually change gears by moving the gear lever to the left and pushing it forward to change up and back to change down...

TBH...you really wont use it very often

I just keep it in Auto most of the time

I would have liked this feature the other way round

Click back to go up the box and forward to come down the box.

emoticon-0144-nod.gif

emoticon-0144-nod.gif

I find it a little odd that you would like it the other way round My steptronic BMW was a joy to drive flick back to drop a gear and forward to go up, much the same as you would in a manual box if you drop it to 2nd for real power or up to 5th to cruise. Talking 5 speed box of course. Once you get used to it it's great fun. :thumbup: From what I've heard the DSG is one of the best boxes on the market. :thumbup:

emoticon-0144-nod.gif

If so, i'm pretty sure there's just two switches that you engage with the stick to change gear, on older VAG cars you were able to switch places of those two switches to reverse functionality.

Only the vRS comes with paddles. Is not an option on any of the other models, though I guess theres probably no real reason why you couldnt fit a vRS wheel and have it coded to the car, all a bit pointless though. As others have said you can change gear manually with the shift lever as and when it suits though if you want to go quick best put it in S and let the car do the work.

Only the vRS comes with paddles. Is not an option on any of the other models, though I guess theres probably no real reason why you couldnt fit a vRS wheel and have it coded to the car, all a bit pointless though. As others have said you can change gear manually with the shift lever as and when it suits though if you want to go quick best put it in S and let the car do the work.

I'm amazed how quick the DSG7 is, i've never before driven a automatic car where the S mode really makes a difference, it's great that is uses engine brake as it deaccelerates, and when you push the throttle it comes alive instantly without any delay.

Summary is, for normal "sporty" driving you don't need the paddles, even though they're a quite cool extra =)

emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Agree with this entirely!

I am of the 'playstation generation' whereby you pull back to change up and push forward to change down... :giggle: