MK6 Golf Gti Steering wheel

I have a chance of gettin one fairly cheap, would this fit ok into a Pre F/L Vrs ??

It looks cracking not sure on how to change the centre badge but will cross that bridge when i come to it.

S1050566.jpg

We bought one of these for our vrs but in the end we didn't use it and sold it on.

When I was looking at changing the badge it looked like it is secured on the inside of the airbag shell, as when I tried to pry it out it deformed rather than popped out.

Hope this helps

how about those 2 exra dials aswell? I want them in my Skoda!

do you not have fuel and temp??

If you mean the design etc yeh they are neat but from a detailers point of view crap to keep clean lol.

We bought one of these for our vrs but in the end we didn't use it and sold it on.

When I was looking at changing the badge it looked like it is secured on the inside of the airbag shell, as when I tried to pry it out it deformed rather than popped out.

Hope this helps

Thats excellent mate cheers :thumbup:

Temperature and fuel, you already have them?

yeh i thought that too lol

My understanding is that the badge is moulded as part of the airbag cover. They don't just "glue" a badge on, as this would have the potential to be a letal missile when the bag fires.

For the same reason you really don't want to stick a skoda badge over the top. It could do some real damage as the bag fires and it gets shot into your face like a bullet!

IIRC Brimma has a Golf MF wheel and he kept the VW badge for this reason.

HTH.

Rob

My understanding is that the badge is moulded as part of the airbag cover. They don't just "glue" a badge on, as this would have the potential to be a letal missile when the bag fires.

For the same reason you really don't want to stick a skoda badge over the top. It could do some real damage as the bag fires and it gets shot into your face like a bullet!

IIRC Brimma has a Golf MF wheel and he kept the VW badge for this reason.

HTH.

Rob

Quite correct Rob

I have a MkV Golf GTi flat-bottom wheel in mine - in my view it looks better than the Mk6

I didn't have the option of having the facelift vRS wheel in mine, as it wasn't compatible with the electronics

Having said that, I don't really give a monkeys what badge is in the middle of the wheel - it steers the car, has paddles, and multi-function buttons, which is exactly what I wanted, and Ben, as usual, did a cracking job of fitting it :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

can i bump this up?.

I have a Yeti 1.2tsi DSG and can get a very cheap mk6 gti wheel with all the buttons and flappy paddles plus the all important airbag.

Only problem i think i have is that my wheel has no paddles or buttons of any kind.

Would i need to buy an extra module to get this to work, or would it bolt on and be happy and work with my standard car with coding?.

You'll need an MFSW module in addition, plus required coding, if your existing wheel doesn't have buttons.

Do i need to get a specific version?.

The GTI one or a skoda one?.

Would the speedo head unit from the golf fit in the octavia, as the dash boards in both cars a very similar as the clocks seem to be the same overall shape. I know it's a bit of subject sorry lol.

Do i need to get a specific version?.

The GTI one or a skoda one?.

Best getting some information from someone like Ben at Shark Performance, as he has much more knowledge than I. Don't think there's a specific version, I would just aim for the latest version of a SW module supporting MFSW.

Would the speedo head unit from the golf fit in the octavia, as the dash boards in both cars a very similar as the clocks seem to be the same overall shape. I know it's a bit of subject sorry lol.

You mean 'clocks' from a Golf into an Octavia? Completely different subject really, and even if it were possible, the lighting would be a different colour...