Yeti impresses yet again

rockhopper

We had the Briskoda track day today at Castle Coombe.

Two Yeti went out in amongst all the heavily modified (and some standard) Skodas.

Both were the CR140TDI DSG elegance models. We were both amazed how well they went round the track, specially the corners once I found confidence. You could really feel the 4x4 working hard. I some ways they were quicker than the Fabia's even though they blew us away on the straights - hardly surprising when some of them are running over 275bhp, we were able to go round the bends quicker than some of them...

It was really good fun.

I am uploading some video's at the moment and will post links once they are up.

The day will be covered more in the Track Day Action thread, but I thought those Yeti owners would like to know how well they performed.

And in answer to THE question, yes mine is faster than 900k'semoticon-0140-rofl.gif. I was a long way back at one point and caught him up and overtook him......

Mike

Two Yeti went out in amongst all the heavily modified (and some standard) Skodas.

Both were the CR140TDI DSG elegance models. We were both amazed how well they went round the track, specially the corners once I found confidence. You could really feel the 4x4 working hard. I some ways they were quicker than the Fabia's even though they blew us away on the straights - hardly surprising when some of them are running over 275bhp, we were able to go round the bends quicker than some of them...

It was really good fun.

The day will be covered more in the Track Day Action thread, but I thought those Yeti owners would like to know how well they performed.

And in answer to THE question, yes mine is faster than 900k'semoticon-0140-rofl.gif. I was a long way back at one point and caught him up and overtook him......

Mike

OOOO do I hear the sound of a gauntlet being thrown to the floor??? :giggle:

It was really good fun.

Mike

Serious dose of "nah-nah-de-nana"!. Shark, you have a lot to account for.......

Here is a link to to the video I took, apologies for the scraping sound, I took my visor off and chucked it on the front passenger footwell just before the start.

Mike

PS I never said I was any good at it emoticon-0140-rofl.gif (first time out on a track)

Impressive Mike :thumbup:

well driven and I liked your move on Johann B) shame you couldn't quite get that Roomy Scout towards the end :giggle: Had to laugh when that Fury with the roof bars went by and boy that silver Octy combie was going some and a half.

thanks for such an impressive vid :)

TP

Mike - some really great vids there. Surely these alone have justified the cost of installing the double camera option!!

The only trouble? We never get to see the beautiful WHITE Yeti on the track!!

Well done to you and to 9million for flying the Yeti flag so well amongst all those buzzing Furbijobs!!

Were there any downsides to pushing your cars. or any nasty after-effects at all?

Mike - some really great vids there. Surely these alone have justified the cost of installing the double camera option!!

The only trouble? We never get to see the beautiful WHITE Yeti on the track!!

Well done to you and to 9million for flying the Yeti flag so well amongst all those buzzing Furbijobs!!

Were there any downsides to pushing your cars. or any nasty after-effects at all?

Yes............the remap works even better emoticon-0140-rofl.gif Having been driving around London for too long, this is what it sorely neededemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

There are a few photos of her on the track, one of them is this, kindly taken by one of the people there...

post-36710-0-14565400-1302459129_thumb.jpg

Mike

What a day! Loved it and will definitely do it again.

IMGQ3836.jpg

I could not overtake that Roomster on the straights (It is a 140hp hearse in a very much lighter body than mine). But in the corners he was really keeping me up!!!! He would gain in the straights a tiny bit but come the corners would slow right down. Grrr. But even so it was fun for sure. If only we could have had 30 minutes on track and not just 15!

Can't beat a Roomy - shame on you :o

A SM in the hands of Clarkson beat a Stig piloted Ferrari 308 GTS around Donnington Mind you is was a petrol 1.8 TSi :giggle:

Erm and he took off road shortcuts!!!! A fair "race" it was not alas. But who cares! He "won"! :giggle:

Can't beat a Roomy - shame on you :o

A SM in the hands of Clarkson beat a Stig piloted Ferrari 308 GTS around Donnington Mind you is was a petrol 1.8 TSi :giggle:

Both Yeti were standard in weight.....the Roomy was stripped out, no spare wheel, rear seats, nothing in the boot. My only concession to lightness was that the middle seat was removed, but as it is removed all the time....I had both rear seats, spare wheel, all my luggage etc. 900K didn't take anything out either, so it is not surprising 900K didn't catch the Roomy....I would have done if we had been out for 1 lap moreemoticon-0136-giggle.gif.

What a day! Loved it and will definitely do it again.

IMGQ3836.jpg

I could not overtake that Roomster on the straights (It is a 140hp hearse in a very much lighter body than mine). But in the corners he was really keeping me up!!!! He would gain in the straights a tiny bit but come the corners would slow right down. Grrr. But even so it was fun for sure. If only we could have had 30 minutes on track and not just 15!

At least I managed to get past you eventually..........emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

At least I managed to get past you eventually..........emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Hehehe indeed but only because that Fabia overtook the Roomster in the Esses (which is not allowed) and made ALL of us brake for our lives. You will see in your video the distance between us stayed the same until the learner race driver did his epic driving stunt. :giggle:

Hehehe indeed but only because that Fabia overtook the Roomster in the Esses (which is not allowed) and made ALL of us brake for our lives. You will see in your video the distance between us stayed the same until the learner race driver did his epic driving stunt. :giggle:

Yes, but then my extra power was used to overtake youemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Yes, but then my extra power was used to overtake youemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Yes, yes I know!!!! hehehe, but the extra power was not enough the haul me in had it not been for learner driver Fabia. :giggle:

I know I caught up lots of ground at that point, but I had been gaining for a while.....

I did start off in D which didn't help me until I realised what was going on, then used S the rest of the time, with occasional use of the paddles. I know I should have been using the paddles all the time, but I didn't. Next time I will......The track did claim several victims during the day, including some of the 'professional' Drifters......It is a very fast track, but also quite dangerous, I watched several cars spin, including an Imprezzaemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

I did start off in D which didn't help me until I realised what was going on, then used S the rest of the time, with occasional use of the paddles. I know I should have been using the paddles all the time, but I didn't. Next time I will......The track did claim several victims during the day, including some of the 'professional' Drifters......It is a very fast track, but also quite dangerous, I watched several cars spin, including an Imprezzaemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Hence I was so scared to begin with. I kept mine in S the whole time as I did not want the added worry of that as well. But next time maybe I'll use the Tiptronic too, but to be honest prefer both hands on the wheel! (No flappy paddles here alas).