Possible to retrofit Mobile integration?

Ello!

Got a 2011 Superb with quite a lot of bells and whistles but without the darned mobile-integration (feeling like a dork for leaving it out in the first place) ...

Is it possible to E-bay-buy some kind of module and retrofit it easily so that I get bluetooth-pairing between my iPhone(4) and the Columbus-system? The functionality I want is basically to use the car's internal speakers as "handsfree" with my iPhone tucked away in my pocket. (I reckon some kind of microphone is needed as well) ...

Anyone?

Kind regards,

TH

Ello!

Got a 2011 Superb with quite a lot of bells and whistles but without the darned mobile-integration (feeling like a dork for leaving it out in the first place) ...

Is it possible to E-bay-buy some kind of module and retrofit it easily so that I get bluetooth-pairing between my iPhone(4) and the Columbus-system? The functionality I want is basically to use the car's internal speakers as "handsfree" with my iPhone tucked away in my pocket. (I reckon some kind of microphone is needed as well) ...

Anyone?

Kind regards,

TH

That should be standard with the Columbus system. Haven't heard about a Superb that is born with Columbus that did not have bluetooth integration.

Not on mine ...

We got the standard "multi-function" steering wheel (no phone-buttons) and the only function the "phone-button" has is to pause the music.

Not on mine ...

We got the standard "multi-function" steering wheel (no phone-buttons) and the only function the "phone-button" has is to pause the music.

Great.. So they cripled the Bluetooth function in Columbus and removed the 2 mikes that sit right beside the rooflights.

I guess it's a software update on columbus and probably a new roofpanel for the lights plus som rewiring of the mikes.

Which equals alot of money i'm afraid.

Edited by tomcatdk

You might be better with something like a Parrot kit installing. The installs are neat and can normally be fed through the stereo to mute and put the call through the Speakers.

Do you have an Elegance? I thought the handsfree was standard...

Bluetooth seems only to be standard equipment in Elegance spec cars in the UK and Irish markets. Here in Belgium it is a 400EUR option, which according to my dealer can be fitted afterwards for 350EUR (so he recommended me to do it after I get the car).

Alcon, I find it strange that he said that it could be fitted afterwards ...

Called up my dealer who said that this was 100% impossible.

I guess alcon is talking about an aftermarket refit killing the speakers upon call and with a mike in the sunvizor.

thnp, go to another dealer and ask just to be sure. I find that Skoda dealers are varying in quality. (Mine are thankfully great).

Columbus are born with bluetooth inside it's little belly, so if the can criple it, they can also uncriple it.

The bluetooth function is nothing to do with the columbus, its a totally separate module under the drivers seat. The columbus is only a display mechanism for the module.

I can't see why it's any different to this....... http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/193926-bluetooth-from-scratch

hth

I retro fitted the bluetooth to my Superb SE, the multi function steering wheel button (looks like a circle) can not be programed but everything else on the wheel can. cost me about £230 with the parts to go under the seat and about 2 hours to install.

I retrofitted BT to my MY2011 Superb. It is no big fuzz, it take about 1½ hour to retrofit it as DIY. You will need access to VCDS or go to a Skoda garage and have the coding done.

Forget all about Parrot solutions, it cost the same and is not as good. You can get the original VW/Audi/Skoda BT kit from Poland at a low price.

Check out fx http://www.carsystems.pl

I bought mine there through their ebay shop. Excellent service.

You need to determine what BT kit you will need. There is basically two variants. One that is rSAP and one type that is not rSAP. Check your phone manual.

rSAP is 3C8 model and non-rSAP is 7P6 model.

I fitted the 7P6 version E to my Superb. It has A2DP which is also nice, then you can stream music from the phone to the car.

I will recommend you to only buy the rSAP if you really need it. Saying if your phone can do both, go for the non-rSAP.