whats covered on 12 month Skoda warranty?

12 month warranty? I thought it was 24 months + 12 months dealer cover. But I would have thought those items would be covered.

Unless he means the 12 month warranty on approved used Skodas?

AKAIK the approved used warranty is also basically the same as the warranty you can buy for 12 months at a time from Skoda dealers to extend the original one. From memory the main exclusions are electrical wiring, interior trim and anything that could be described as wear & tear.

i know its said in jest but you may have a point! i have seen as have lots of folk on here the farce that was payment protection insurance (its been in the news loads lately!) where they are very happy for you to sign up but only be given the knockback when you come to claim , i had hoped they would be a little more "sympathetic " when it came to claims, i have mulled over signing up myself but will hangfire until i get a comprehensive rundown of whatever is and isnt covered , a short while ago there was a bit of a kerfuffle regarding claims that were not paid out because although the bit that was covered hadnt actually caused the failure they werent coughing up( water pump siezes ,takes out cambelt and voila lots of valves gone ).im going to check it out!!

i know its said in jest but you may have a point! i have seen as have lots of folk on here the farce that was payment protection insurance (its been in the news loads lately!) where they are very happy for you to sign up but only be given the knockback when you come to claim , i had hoped they would be a little more "sympathetic " when it came to claims, i have mulled over signing up myself but will hangfire until i get a comprehensive rundown of whatever is and isnt covered , a short while ago there was a bit of a kerfuffle regarding claims that were not paid out because although the bit that was covered hadnt actually caused the failure they werent coughing up( water pump siezes ,takes out cambelt and voila lots of valves gone ).im going to check it out!!

Payment protection has nothing to do with car warranties

Payment protection is just in case your taken ill and cannot meet the finance payments, but no good if your self employed

Payment protection has nothing to do with car warranties

Payment protection is just in case your taken ill and cannot meet the finance payments, but no good if your self employed

he didnt say it was?

Yep to just clarify the point, was I was drawing a comparison between payment protection and aftermarket warranties and the similarity that both are usually sold on the customers fear and usually fail to deliver what was promised if called upon to be used