Annoying 'creaking' front nearside front door - 2002 Elegance

My 2002 Elegance hatch has developed an annoying 'creaking' noise from the nearside front door when going over certain bumps in the road etc.

Before I start stripping door panels off, has anyone got an idea what it could be? Hoping it is something easy and simple to fix....

Thanks in anticipation

Dan

Could it be the door seal? The rear offside door does this on mine, or the other possibility is the locking plate needs to be adjusted a bit. I was initially going to polish the metal of the door which makes contact with the seal to see if that had any affect.

Might be worth ensuring the hinges are all greased up too.

Thanks for the replies guys!! (Sorry it took me a while to respond - been away)

I did lube the hinges with spray ptfe grease, which actually made it worse!

Think dannyboy759 is right, however I have rocked the door but their appears to me no play in it.

Are the hinge pins easy to replace? I remember Mk1 Granada and Mk4/5 Cortina front doors had a habit of this but the door dropped and you could feel the play in the door when you rocked it, however replacement of the top pin was relatively easy by drifting a new pin in from the top OR replace the entire hinge from a rear door of a scrap car which obviously hasn't had the weight or the use of the fronts!

Dan

Interesting, I've been meaning to ask about this for a little while, mines started doing it as well.

It does sound like rubber, but hwy would it suddenly start?

I think it could be related to play in the hinge. I too couldn't feel any play, but it does feel to me that when the door closes, the very last movement seems to rise up a fraction, like the door has dropped.

Also I discovered that if I park with the passenger side lower, the car tilted, rain runs round the door, along the sill from the front, then over the rubber about 3/4 of the way from the front and into the car. So I guess I need new rubber anyway.

Tom

Also I discovered that if I park with the passenger side lower, the car tilted, rain runs round the door, along the sill from the front, then over the rubber about 3/4 of the way from the front and into the car. So I guess I need new rubber anyway.

Mine can do this on the flat is the rain drives hard at one side :'( Fortunately most of the heavy rain she is tucked up in the garage.

I have also noticed that if I slide the sunroof right back that induces a new noise from the headlining at times as well.