Womans Car..

modevrs130

mk2 audi tt  

40 members have voted

1. 1. is it a womans car?

Had an incident today with a BMW driver regarding my wifes car.I was driving the wifes audi tt who was the passenger today around where we live,when approaching a roundabout i noticed a black BMW on the opposite side and the driver leaned out and shouted quite loudly that i was driving a "TARTS" car,i have to say i was quite shocked with what happened,really annoyed to be honest.We have owned the car now for some time and had nothing like this,just people saying thats a really nice car.I do own a fabia vrs to,so we do our fair share of using both cars.The bmw was a 54 plate 5 series with 2 grown men in it.So is the TT a girls car??

Thats all i see driving the tt is guys at the moment.I have to say i really enjoy driving the tt aswell..and i will keep on driving it aswell and also my furby to...Thanks for your comments fellow briskodians.I am starting to calm down now,thanks.

MKI was (especially the drop top), but the MKII isn't I don't think. The convertible is still probably a bit girly, but the coupe is definitely not!

Who could call the TTRS a girls' car?!

I voted for yes. I only know three people that own a MkII TT and they are all female, (and primary school teachers too). The new one looks better in terms of being more butch and the RS version is definitely a finely sorted car.

However, for a neanderthal in a beemer to abuse you for no reason highlights his own issues, not yours. If you enjoy driving it, fair play. One of my mates has an MX5 and puts up with ribbing about that all the time - not from me though.

I could be saying yes because I have my own issues about looking gay in certain cars. Put me in any coupe/soft top and I am instantly transformed from family man into John Inman in one fell swoop. Not sure how or why, but I've never suited a drop top car - or hats come to think of it.

Neanderthal.thats the word i was trying to think of for the beemer driver.I have to agree with you on convertibles not a fan of them myself.Not sure its was the colour of the tt that made him shout the remark,its a white s-line which looks amazing in that colour.

I voted for yes. I only know three people that own a MkII TT and they are all female, (and primary school teachers too). The new one looks better in terms of being more butch and the RS version is definitely a finely sorted car.

However, for a neanderthal in a beemer to abuse you for no reason highlights his own issues, not yours. If you enjoy driving it, fair play. One of my mates has an MX5 and puts up with ribbing about that all the time - not from me though.

I could be saying yes because I have my own issues about looking gay in certain cars. Put me in any coupe/soft top and I am instantly transformed from family man into John Inman in one fell swoop. Not sure how or why, but I've never suited a drop top car - or hats come to think of it.

This morning on the Motorway,

I looked over to my left and there was a

Woman

In a brand new

AUDI TT

Doing 110 miles per hour

With her

Face up next to her

Rear view mirror

Putting on her eyeliner.

I looked away

For a couple seconds !

And when I looked back she was

Halfway over in my lane,

Still working on that makeup.

As a man,

I don't scare easily.

But she scared me so much;

I dropped

My electric shaver,

Which knocked

The meat pie

Out of my other hand.

In all

The confusion of trying

To straighten out the car

Using my knees against

The steering wheel,

It knocked

My Mobile phone

Away from my ear

Which fell

Into the coffee

Between my legs,

Splashed,

And burned

Big Jim and the Twins,

Ruined the damn phone,

Soaked my trousers,

And disconnected an

Important call.

bloody women drivers!!

Well, the Octavia vRS shares quite a few of the TT components. Should we shout "Girl" at them...... :giggle:

FWIW, my wife thinks automatics are women's cars, so god knows what she would say to a DSG vRS driver :giggle:

The bmw was a 54 plate 5 series with 2 grown men in it.
Not sure they were grown men, maybe a couple of 5 year olds, you might as well have just shouted "and my dad's bigger than your dad" back at them.

There is another thread on the forum about people's opinion of Skoda's and who buys them, and to echo the comments on that thread, it's your car and you know the reasons you have it. So regardless of other peoples opinions it works for you. You don't ask ten people in the street what clothes you should wear today before getting dressed so why be bothered by random comments from random brain cells that pass you in the street.

Just like to say thanks to everyone for your opinion's.Its a nice day today to drive the tt which i will be doing very soon,so to the guys in the beemer :finger:.Thanks again everyone...