Briskoda numberplate surrounds

Gizmo

Do the Briskoda numberplate surrounds require the plates to be screwed on? I can't see any mounting clips on them to hold the plate into the surround and the only close up photo's I can find of them fitted have the plates screwed to the car.

Do the Briskoda numberplate surrounds require the plates to be screwed on? I can't see any mounting clips on them to hold the plate into the surround and the only close up photo's I can find of them fitted have the plates screwed to the car.

Yes they do. They have a various holes in them to accomodate any combibation of screw holes.... ooh err!! :)

I don't think I made the question very clear? (been a long day)

Can you screw the surround onto the car before fitting the numberplate (as in a German surround) if so what holds the plate to the surround? or do you need to fit the plate and surround together and then screw both onto the car?

Ideally I am after some surrounds that the numberplate's can be attached to without screws.

Ahh, I see. The ones me and Mrs Stig have are held in place using the screws that hold the number plates on the car, so the plate sits inside the surround.

Hope it helps.. ;)

You are right, You have to mount the Briskoda surround AND number plates WITH screws. You may be able to use foam tape or similar to stick the number plate to the surrond BUT I haven't tried it.

HTH Simon.

You are right, You have to mount the Briskoda surround AND number plates WITH screws. You may be able to use foam tape or similar to stick the number plate to the surrond BUT I haven't tried it.

HTH Simon.

Yarrpp!, what he said :yes:

I've screwed my briskoda surround into the original mounting holes, then fixed my plates to the surround with foam tape. They have been on about a year and haven't shown any signs of moving or coming off.

• 5 weeks later...

Pardon my ignorance... where can I get these surrounds? :)

*Sorry don't know how this has posted so many times :p *

Edited by Octy09

• 4 months later...