Amundson Sat Nav Disc

Hey, that's my car :D ! Many thanks, got the images, nice to see what mine will look like.

I don't take good photos and I was too lazy (and had had a glass or tow of sparkly stuff!) to move my clio out the way to get a better angle. It looks better in the flesh! You said that you had also ordered a spare wheel, do you know what the spec and price of that is, presumably it's not another 17 inch alloy and is just a steel job? Not that happy to be driving about with no spare and I have a nice wee cheque coming my way and that may be a sensible purchase. Don't really trust the dealership to order the right thing unless I tell them specifically what I need........and don't want to find out they made a mistake when stuck on hard shoulder somewhere!

Hi Amck, did you look behind the left hand side thumbscrew panel in the boot? Sounds strange that you would get the SatNav and no CD changer, but of course if you've had some hybrid upgrades thrown in then this could be the case.

My Octavia came with a 6cd changer when it was never specced, infact I'd had the car for several weeks before I found it.

All the best!

I don't take good photos and I was too lazy (and had had a glass or tow of sparkly stuff!) to move my clio out the way to get a better angle. It looks better in the flesh! You said that you had also ordered a spare wheel, do you know what the spec and price of that is, presumably it's not another 17 inch alloy and is just a steel job? Not that happy to be driving about with no spare and I have a nice wee cheque coming my way and that may be a sensible purchase. Don't really trust the dealership to order the right thing unless I tell them specifically what I need........and don't want to find out they made a mistake when stuck on hard shoulder somewhere!

The spare is steel so that it will fit in the boot space. It is costing £125 + VAT (£75 if factory fitted).

If I recall it is a different size which reduces maximum speed while it is fitted.

Hi Amck, did you look behind the left hand side thumbscrew panel in the boot? Sounds strange that you would get the SatNav and no CD changer, but of course if you've had some hybrid upgrades thrown in then this could be the case.

My Octavia came with a 6cd changer when it was never specced, infact I'd had the car for several weeks before I found it.

All the best!

Thanks Pete - yes, I inspected every square inch looking for it and dealer has confirmed that the upgraded sat nav unit doesn't have the CD changer - presume it is not compatable. I do however have a point to plug in a MP3 player so just going to get a wee cable to sort that out.

The spare is steel so that it will fit in the boot space. It is costing £125 + VAT (£75 if factory fitted).

If I recall it is a different size which reduces maximum speed while it is fitted.

Cheers, I'll look into that then - £50 cheaper if factory fitted is a bit of a joke really - so you save money cos someone has heaved it into the space for you!

Cheers, I'll look into that then - £50 cheaper if factory fitted is a bit of a joke really - so you save money cos someone has heaved it into the space for you!

You save £50 because it doesn't have to be shipped separately and you don't get the emergency tyre repair kit if you order the spare wheel.

You save £50 because it doesn't have to be shipped separately and you don't get the emergency tyre repair kit if you order the spare wheel.

So do you mean that you don't get the kit when you order factory fitted or if you order separately? Really not happy driving about without a spare - I think it will be worth buying one - otherwise you are at the mercy of the nearest place to get the tyre replaced and that could end up costing you way over the odds.

The spare wheel replaces the repair kit if ordered with the car so your options are:

• Default: No spare wheel, no jack or wrench and you get an emergency repair kit (tyre gunk + compressor) - £0
  • Car ordered with spare wheel: You get the spare wheel, a 'widowmaker' jack and wrench but no compressor or repair kit - £75
  • Spare wheel ordered after the car: You get the wheel, jack, wrench, compressor and repair kit - £125.

The spare wheel replaces the repair kit if ordered with the car so your options are:

• Default: No spare wheel, no jack or wrench and you get an emergency repair kit (tyre gunk + compressor) - £0
  • Car ordered with spare wheel: You get the spare wheel, a 'widowmaker' jack and wrench but no compressor or repair kit - £75
  • Spare wheel ordered after the car: You get the wheel, jack, wrench, compressor and repair kit - £125.

Cheers stringbean, we didn't have the option to order the spare with the car, and option 1 isn't really an option so it'll have to be 3!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, thank you 1956 - you may have made me feel bad for a wee while, but just off the phone to the dealer and upshot is that he will refund £655 to me.......and we can keep the disk! :rofl:

Would never have known if you hadn't responded, so thank you again. That's too much money to just say goodbye to.

Well guess what - finally picked up mine today. Maps are on an SD card already, works really well but NO DISK supplied :o . Will chase them up tomorrow.

Am I correct in assuming I can also have music on the SD card - so the SATNAV and the music work from the same card (I know I can use the CD for music but the idea of having lots of music on one SD card rather appeals). Can anyone confirm this? :wonder:

Well guess what - finally picked up mine today. Maps are on an SD card already, works really well but NO DISK supplied :o . Will chase them up tomorrow.

Am I correct in assuming I can also have music on the SD card - so the SATNAV and the music work from the same card (I know I can use the CD for music but the idea of having lots of music on one SD card rather appeals). Can anyone confirm this? :wonder:

Haven't tried that I'm afraid - I can confirm that the sat nav works while using an MP3 player if that's an option?

Do you like the car then? - we just fitted our roof bars on today getting ready to put the bikes up there for jaunts during the summer. We reused the ones we had for the Roomster, strangely the roof rails are further apart towards the front of the car. we managed to get the bars to fit though so all's good.

Skoda do not supply sat nav disks anymore even with the Columbus units it arrives pre- installed on the hard disk or on a memory card. I was told this when I was enquiring about my build date for my new Tsi Vrs.

Skoda do not supply sat nav disks anymore even with the Columbus units it arrives pre- installed on the hard disk or on a memory card. I was told this when I was enquiring about my build date for my new Tsi Vrs.

So I presume they expect you to take a copy of the SD card on a home computer in case it is damaged / lost / whatever?

Can you have music on the same SD card?

My Octy vRS arrived a month ago.

It did come with a navigation DVD with the Columbus.

You need the DVD to get the cheap upgrades.

When V8 maps are eventually released they will cost around £250.

If however you trade-in your old version DVD the price will be around £50.

My Octy vRS arrived a month ago.

It did come with a navigation DVD with the Columbus.

You need the DVD to get the cheap upgrades.

When V8 maps are eventually released they will cost around £250.

If however you trade-in your old version DVD the price will be around £50.

Thanks - garage has just contacted to say they will send me a disk. They say the system uses TeleAtlas disks. Is this something I need to register to be informed of updates etc? I had a TomTom and they were always sending me e-mails re updates.

Thanks - garage has just contacted to say they will send me a disk. They say the system uses TeleAtlas disks. Is this something I need to register to be informed of updates etc? I had a TomTom and they were always sending me e-mails re updates.

I've never had any "offical" notification of new maps available.

I keep my eye on the forums here and over at vwnavi.

As soon as there is an upgrade you should be able to order them directly from your dealer.

I'm not sure of the exact pricing - but you get a heavily discounted upgrade if you hand over your old DVD - even though it's installed on the HD etc.

TomTom updates are a lot more regular - but you have to remember that new roads don't tend to appear overnight.

So even on a 6-12 month between updates on the RNS510 - it's accurate most of the time.

There is conflicting information about if we receive the navigation disks, some people are receiving them with their new cars and some ain't. I have been told by my dealer that it won't be coming with the disk as it comes pre-installed on the Columbus from factory and Skoda uk confirmed that I wouldn't receive a disk as they don't supply them anymore due to above reason

There is conflicting information about if we receive the navigation disks, some people are receiving them with their new cars and some ain't. I have been told by my dealer that it won't be coming with the disk as it comes pre-installed on the Columbus from factory and Skoda uk confirmed that I wouldn't receive a disk as they don't supply them anymore due to above reason

Unless something has changed since we picked ours up, the Columbus DOES come pre installed, BUT not with the UK road network so you need a disc or SD card if you want to use it here.

Unless something has changed since we picked ours up, the Columbus DOES come pre installed, BUT not with the UK road network so you need a disc or SD card if you want to use it here.

Mine is an Amundsen and came installed but they have promised to send the disk. Having read some posts on here, it does have 7 character postcode recognition. I am very pelased with it, much better than I expected. Just ordered a much bigger SDHC card (came with a 4GB) to get more music on :thumbup: .

I can only say that I did get a disk with mine when I picked it up a month ago.

The maps were also pre-installed, but I also have the disk.

When it comes to upgrading the maps, Skoda won't just give you the latest maps and the retail price is around £200.

However trade-in your old disk and you get them for about £50.

But if Skoda UK say you aren't getting a disk I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens when the next maps come out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all, new user to the site. Got my new (2nd hand) Fabia VRS last month, having had the old style vrs for 6 years. My new one has the Amundsen console, but I have no disc or SD with it. The dealer says a disc will cost me £180 On searching the web, I found a disc on a Blaupunkt website for a fair bit cheaper (new) for the U.K. & Europe for the Amundsen. Any thoughts on this one, against the one from the dealer. ??

Update 17 Sept.

After pestering the dealership they 'found' a new cd. I have now copied it on to an SD card, and also on to my desktop. So now I don't have to fork out any money, that's a relief.

Edited by PeteMal

My Octavia, (2009) with Columbus, came with NavigationDVD v.3.0. Upgraded last year to v.6.0. Upgraded again this summer to v.7.2. Found the DVD's here: My link

Works great. Price was not too bad either. Map data seems to be around 2-3 years old when DVD's are released. So finally, a new motorway nearby, finshed 4 years ago, is now showing up at the screen.

My Octavia, (2009) with Columbus, came with NavigationDVD v.3.0. Upgraded last year to v.6.0. Upgraded again this summer to v.7.2. Found the DVD's here: My link

Works great. Price was not too bad either. Map data seems to be around 2-3 years old when DVD's are released. So finally, a new motorway nearby, finshed 4 years ago, is now showing up at the screen.

Thanks for the info. Great for future reference. As you can see from my last update, I managed to pester the dealer into supplying a new disc, so I am ok for now. There is a bonus on the disc on your link, SPEED CAMERAS already installed on the disc. Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just joined the forum today having had my Octavia Estate just over a week. I was also bit confused by what 'toys' I did and didn't get. The salesmen seemed a bit hesitant to give me a brochure when I test drove it the weekend before and he generally didn't seem to know what spec was on the different models.

I got the 1.4TSI SE Plus and expected to have the integrated 6 CD changer as per the list of 'Standard Equipment (over SE) in the brochure but because the Amundsen Sat Nav comes as standard on the SE Plus, it seems you can only play a single CD. A misleading brochure!!

I got 3 DVDs with my Sat Nav. One to load it up and the two map discs, one for the UK and one for Europe. He suggested I load it up onto an SD card but I certainly didn't have to take the discs back!

I also got a spare wheel in the boot which I don't believe comes as standard and I definitely didn't order or pay for it.

Having read this thread it sounds like different dealers give you different bits for your money.

FWIW, I paid £13k for mine.