New Coilpacks.....now ECU light!

All,

I had new coilpacks fitted under the recall issued by Skoda UK today and done about 35 miles no issues at all. Then earlier on, I decided to get my exhaust to sit central as it was a bit to the right. Now I only messed with the backbox, but I did get hold of it and shook it to ensure it wasn't going to move.

Now I have this light...

326c8e99.jpg

I had only done about 10 miles since messing with exhaust, but do you think the coilpacks have thrown a wobbler or maybe I knocked a sensor.

Car seems to be running okay, but the issue I got is I'm due to be in Scotland Monday morning, no garages open so it's DIY fix hopefully.

Luke

All,

I had new coilpacks fitted under the recall issued by Skoda UK today and done about 35 miles no issues at all. Then earlier on, I decided to get my exhaust to sit central as it was a bit to the right. Now I only messed with the backbox, but I did get hold of it and shook it to ensure it wasn't going to move.

Now I have this light...

326c8e99.jpg

I had only done about 10 miles since messing with exhaust, but do you think the coilpacks have thrown a wobbler or maybe I knocked a sensor.

Car seems to be running okay, but the issue I got is I'm due to be in Scotland Monday morning, no garages open so it's DIY fix hopefully.

Luke

need a code reader to find out what code it has thrown up

Hoping to get it on a friends tomorrow, but if the car is running okay - would you take the risk of driving to Scotland?

no you really need to know what is up with it...check plugs on the coils and make sure there all pushed down,You might have damaged a o2 sensor when shaking the exhaust could really be owt. need to read it before you do owt...

disconnecting the battery for 30 mins will put the light off, but will come back on if the fault still exists.

you may of just disconnected it slightly or something, but I doubt it would be a coil pack issue if you arent experiencing poor running.

my experience of lambda sensors failing has always been that the cat runs ok.

Cheers people, going out to get under the car in a bit.

I read it could be brake pedal switch too, so few options to look at first before plugging into VagCom.

Like I said earlier check the wires to lamda and 02 senser..when you where moving pipe around you could have pulled wires and then burned through them,hence the reason it took 10 miles to come on...Don't go guessing what is wrong get the codes read and go from there..

Cheers people, going out to get under the car in a bit.

I read it could be brake pedal switch too, so few options to look at first before plugging into VagCom.

Personally i would use VAGCOM first as that will guide you to what is wrong and the area to check, rather than guess and waste time as others have said. For example if it is 02 sensor that will be a clear fault in VAGCOM. :thumbup:

I have two errors in Vagcom. Just waiting for my friend to send them

Think one was 17115 Lambda sensor - performance too low. I can't remember the other one but was the same sensor. Something like BS1 so need to locate which sensor it actually is and hope it's a simple fix. My friend reckons it could be that car has only done 10 miles in two weeks and could be full of crap. Light has been cleared for now, done 70 miles run today so see what happens.

17524 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating Bank 1 Sensor 1: Open Circuit

Possible Symptoms:

Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON

Possible Causes:

Fuse(s) faulty

Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor (G39) / Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating (Z19) faulty

Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor (G39) / Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating (Z19) faulty

Possible Solutions:

Check Fuse(s)

Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor (G39) / Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating (Z19)

Check/Replace Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor (G39) / Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating (Z19)

17511 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating; B1 S1: Performance too Low

Possible Solutions:

Check Oxygen Sensor Heating for Oxygen Sensor before Catalytic Converter

got these off the ross tech wiki, hope it helps