I only went in for a key.......... now sharked

I've been reading this thread with interest.

Guys is it possible to re-map a 2011 Octy CR vRS ? I looked on the Shark site & it doesn't list my model, is there a reason for this or should be waiting a year or 2 before thinking about doing this anyway? I understand there are warranty issues but if the re-map is managed well surely it's worth considering on a new car or not... ???

Edited by HWMBO - Mark

Hello Friends, :thumbup:

thank you for your kind comments - I was laughing along with you! :giggle:

WE can now forget about Fiat, now that I've collected my Octavia. What a dream machine!

I hear what you say about mapping - I'm not disagreeing with you all. I just happened to relate what experience I had with my Multipla, which I had chipped after it's first MOT. Why did I chip the Multipla?? Well go and find one and drive it - it could keep up with Audis.

But I don't intend mapping my car - my wife won't allow it, even for improved economy. I may keep my Octavia for 1 or 2 years and probably upgrade it.

Being almost 54 years old, my boy racer days have left me long ago! :)

Frank.

Hi Frank,

We are of a similar vintage; and while no boy (middle aged.... :giggle: ) racer I like to think that I still have the interest & enthusiasm for cars that I had as a youngster....remember...."you're a long time dead...!"

Enjoy your car.

How much do they charge at shark to remap a 57plate VRS?

The cost varies depending on which engine you have.

Ben has a list of prices on his website @ www.sharkperformance.co.uk or there is a link on his page in the Performance and Tuning Section

Matt

Thanks matt.

Can you explain what a STS - Shark Performance Self Tuning System - Take control of your tuning with our switchable system with no need to travel to us - +£150

Have a a look at the STS.

It's a device which hookes up the car computer port called OBD-II - On-Board Diagnostic System.

The device is loaded with your car's ECU (Car computer) map and then you upload it to your car. It has a setting for restoring your original map when you send the car for service, as well as some sort of imobilizer map, to totally block your car from starting i.e when you go on holidays.

Unfortunately it didn't work for me as from start of 2010 most Octavias have an encrypted ECU, so if you want to remap, ECU has to be taken out of the car to be worked on the bench.

post-51727-0-58205100-1304806560_thumb.jpg

post-51727-0-25998200-1304806568_thumb.jpg

Have a a look at the STS.

It's a device which hookes up the car computer port called OBD-II - On-Board Diagnostic System.

The device is loaded with your car's ECU (Car computer) map and then you upload it to your car. It has a setting for restoring your original map when you send the car for service, as well as some sort of imobilizer map, to totally block your car from starting i.e when you go on holidays.

Unfortunately it didn't work for me as from start of 2010 most Octavias have an encrypted ECU, so if you want to remap, ECU has to be taken out of the car to be worked on the bench.

Thanks.. Sorry if it's a stupid question but does it enable you to remap by increasing the bhp etc?

Thats why it's for. You purchase the map and sts from Shark, if your car has an unlocked ECU you can use sts to change maps. If it has a locked ECU, then you do it as me and don't care about the dealer :)

Ah right so you can't just manually plug it in and fiddle about with the bhp. You buy it with a map on. The only reason I ask and thanks for being patient is, I've been offered a remap on mine for £225 done at my home. £150 for the STS If it has the +35bhp map on it then it would work out cheaper but I'm guessing I'd also have to buy the map ontop of the STS

Contact Ben@Shark and check options and pricing with him. Since your's is a 57 plate, i don't think you should bother with STS. Just drive to him and have remape done there, and save the money on sts.

I've been reading this thread with interest.

Guys is it possible to re-map a 2011 Octy CR vRS ? I looked on the Shark site & it doesn't list my model, is there a reason for this or should be waiting a year or 2 before thinking about doing this anyway? I understand there are warranty issues but if the re-map is managed well surely it's worth considering on a new car or not... ???

Indeed it's possible and we do many of them.. Will ensure that the website is amended to suit and thanks for pointing it out!

Indeed it's possible and we do many of them.. Will ensure that the website is amended to suit and thanks for pointing it out!

Not a problem. How much extra BHP do I get on he CR vRS from standard & is it ok to do it to a new car? or do you recomend I run it in first? I'd appreciate your comments. Ta

Not a problem. How much extra BHP do I get on he CR vRS from standard & is it ok to do it to a new car? or do you recomend I run it in first? I'd appreciate your comments. Ta

We tune the CR170 to 210hp, and we do lots of new cars, most recentl'y janner_Sy's brand new Fabia VRS 1.4TSI as seen here: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/200831-stage-12-remap-now-installed-on-the-vrs/page__pid__2382266#entry2382266

I would suggest 1,000 miles just to make sure there are no teething issues, but we have done plenty of brand spankers too without issue :thumbup: