Demon Shine

PhilP1903

Seen this advertised a lot lately and suspect its quality but would appreciate honest unbiased opinions on its quality please.

Quick Google: http://www.carplan.c...dex.cfm?page=60

I would suspect it's similar in makeup to Meguiars Quick Detailer and other similar products. I use QD as a final step on each wash, as it aids drying and does add a little to the finish.

But equal or better than waxing that car? Certainly not. It does help to maintain the gloss and shine of an already waxed car though :)

I have used it and I thought it was a terrible product and didnt add anything to the paint work except being a waste of money. Chemical guys pro detailed for the win.

Used it for the first time yesterday as it was on offer at a local store £2.50 for the spray bottle and thought why not?

Had given the motor a proper clean two days before but after a visit to the Peak district came back with a very dusty motor so another quick blast with a jet washer then dried and then applied some of the pink stuff panel by panel and wiped off using a quality microfibre. Stood back and was more than pleasantly suprised at the result!:thumbup: For a quick detail it worked for me!

Seen this advertised a lot lately and suspect its quality but would appreciate honest unbiased opinions on its quality please.

Get's a lot of good review's on DW for the price of the product and it's application, it has it's uses and it's market share, pretty sure there have been some recent TV adverts for it as well, personally I have never tried it......... :doh:

Never heard of it. Where have you seen it mentioned or advertised?

Come on Steve, your standards are slipping, keep up........ :rofl:

Come on Steve, your standards are slipping, keep up........ :rofl:

LOL, seems I've not missed much anyway! I'll stick with the status quo of QD products I think :D

And I thought I recovered myself quite well by post #4, following a moment's Google work.... :p

LOL, seems I've not missed much anyway! I'll stick with the status quo of QD products I think :D

And I thought I recovered myself quite well by post #4, following a moment's Google work.... :p

:rofl:

:thumbup:

I think its an ideal product for someone who just does a quick wash and wax of their car every couple of weeks, i.e. men of a certain age. I'm genuinely lazy so my car is lucky to see a wet sponge for months at a time but I have a spray bottle of Demon Shine I bought a few years ago. It is cheap and easy to use, literally spray on and wipe off. It has a nice finsh (on silver at least) and even directly on paint it beads for a couple of weeks and also on wheels if you have nothing better to hand. Top tip though, don't spray it too near your windscreen, it blooms good and proper under the use of wipers.

Also used it on kitchen units and worktops to dress a flat for selling :giggle:

Yes Jim, i am very happy with the wax it is excellent, but have seen this advertised on tv and on the shelves of a few shops and pretty damn cheap so just thought i would get folks opinions.

And thanks to everyone for their highly valued and varied opinions, i may consider using it in the winter as it tends to be rather damp/wet uphere int the northeast and if its quick n easy to use but maintains a fair shine/gloss and protects the car it may be worth it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I normally try and give my car a quick mid week wash while the sun is out and use demon shine for that just to keep the motor looking nice and shiny until the weekend, for the price I couldn't complain.

Bought it last year in Halfords in a B.O.G.O.F offer.

2 gallons for the price of one.

I regularly wax my car so this is used as a top up only.

After washing my car i put about a cupful into a Watering can.

Put the rose fitting on the watering can and pour it over the roof and move around the car doing all panels.

I then hose it down with fresh water and dry it off.

Makes it much easier to dry and a nice clean finish. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

I use it quite a lot, it's easy to find in Asda etc, I use it as a quick detailer and drying aid and can't knock it really. I bought a spray bottle and buy the big bottle to refil. :thumbup:

i use this in winter mostly, or when im feeling a bit lazy . my method is different to everyone else i fill a bottle very similar to this spray bottle, after ive washed it and rinsed the suds off i just spray the entire car then rinse again with a slow flow of water, this usually leaves very little water on car and just needs a quick dry or a blast down the road.

Edited by furn

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! First post from me.

I use Demon Shine on my Fabia, and it's great! It absolutely glistens. I've never tried the pour on method, I use the spray bottle and then a polishing mitt to cover the area. A great product for the price.

• 2 weeks later...