Forge Rear upper strut brace - who has one?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! The mk4 ones are slightly different - easier to make and lighter steel. This one for the Fabia is thicker steel. I've sold about 35 mk4 ones, maybe 65 mk2 & 3 front lower & 45 mk2 & 3 rear bars. I make peanuts on them. But that's not why I do it!! But that's over the last 4-5 years. I've had 1 mk3 front bar rejected as he said it wouldn't fit - he was trying to fit it upside down!! 1 mk4 one had a little swarf on the inside and rattled - my bad - so I swopped it no problems.

Anyone wants one I'll include 4 bolts and 6 spring washers. Reason? You'll drop one I guarantee it!!

Sure!! The front subframe on them is similar to the mk4 polo. Doesnt need anything for the front!! Could whip up a rear upper bar. Does it have visable rear strut bolts in the boot behind the carpets?? Can you take some pics and measure exactly between the strut tops?? I'll see what I can do!!

I had to buy quite a length of steel to make the prototype - I have enough steel to make another 9 of them before I need to buy some more. Seen as I have the steel here already I'll do the first batch ONLY at £50 delivered - after that the price will go back up to £55.

Ok lets start a list of who wants one:-

Interested, but I have a fee questions..

Is there anyway to stop the bar from rubbing against the paintwork?

What's the difference in ride quality? I took my upper front off due to big crunch over pot holes around here... So depressing :(

On the comment of adjustable length, I can understand why if it was directly on the dampers but ones on the this aren't, so a guess you want it as stiff as poss?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

You could use some paint on the end of the bar - or powder coat even - I'll get pics of how many marks its left on the mounts later.

You could even use a little dynamat on the mount??

No nasty bumps or rattles - the bar uses the spring washers to bridge the slight gap between it and the mount. This thing is serious ly stiff - I got it to tripod on my parents driveway and i'm on springs and shocks not coilovers!!

Can these effect handling in a bad way? Like how the rarb causes snap oversteer?.im just worried that.it would catch me.out when not expecting It? And would it make.handling.worse on bumpy.roads?

Cheers jorda

I have a whiteline rear arb - tried and tried to get the back end to step out on a few wet & deserted roundabouts down on the industrial estate with some ludicrous lift off oversteer!! No can do!! Just ended up with mega understeer. No negative effects so far - except for the small marks in the paint on the mounting point.

Doesn't effect the rear arb as that's under the car - this goes inside

I'm on springs and shocks. Don't think coilovers would make that much difference.

I'm going to run this on mine a good drive out on Saturday to see how it handles on a good twisty Scottish single track road. Ill then remove it for a few days and see how it goes without.

Definitely seems to have less scuttle shake over uneven surfaces

1) saint1d

2) jlneonhug

3) Jake vRS

4) littlejohnny -as discussed!

5) Si Vxr -PAID

6) thealienfromuranus

7) G6314

Pm me how you want the money dude :-)