Water in doors

TR250man

My two week old Yeti was rained on for the first time last night (it will have to get used to it!)and I noticed today when opening the doors that water ran out of the drain holes in the door bottoms. Is this normal? (the window seals are good and tight against the glass). This is not something that any other of my cars have done in the past. Has anyone else noticed this?

I don't like the idea of doors which are not normally used filling with water if I don't open them to drain them!

Yes it's normal, it's why they have drain holes, they will drain out even when the door is shut it's just a bit slower, also the action of opening the door makes the water come out faster.

I've never noticed this with any car ... must have a look!

I have this with my Fabia doors too. Sometimes when the car has been sat all weekend it can drain for 5 seconds (driver door is worse than passanger).

I was concerned about freezing and ice expansion so the garage redid the driver door seal under warranty. Still the same though.

I think it's quite common, especially after washing the car. I have a habit of always checking with a finger that all the draining holes are open after a wash, and usually water pours out from all doors.

I think it's quite common, especially after washing the car. I have a habit of always checking with a finger that all the draining holes are open after a wash, and usually water pours out from all doors.

I think this is the important bit. Make sure that the drain holes are clear so there is no build up of water in the doors.

I think this is the important bit. Make sure that the drain holes are clear so there is no build up of water in the doors.

Thanks for all your comments gents. The car is parked on a slope. I rang the dealer today and he is not concerned (galvanised/rustproof etc) but it still goes against my old fashioned ideas of where water should, or should not, be.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. No seal around the window is going to be 100% watertight at all times, some water ingress is inevitable, and it needs somewhere to go. The fact you see it running out of the drains just indicates that they're working effectively. Since I've never seen such a thing, I'm going to check the drains on my Yeti, but more importantly on my 40 year old soft top MGB ;)

Any problems send for Dynorod! :D

Oh I've had a kind of dynorodding before ... transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) ... not much fun, but cleared the drains pretty effectively :rofl:

Too much information......?

Well I could share tales of the joys of 'self-catheterisation'? Suffice to say that by the age of 40, 40% of men have a prostate problem, by the age of 50, 50% of men have a prostate problem, by the age of 60 etc. Coming to all of you in due course!

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. No seal around the window is going to be 100% watertight at all times, some water ingress is inevitable, and it needs somewhere to go. The fact you see it running out of the drains just indicates that they're working effectively. Since I've never seen such a thing, I'm going to check the drains on my Yeti, but more importantly on my 40 year old soft top MGB ;)

Also changes in temperature causes moist to condensate inside the door, so as long as there is water coming out from the bottom of the doors everything is fine - the design is working as planned

Well I could share tales of the joys of 'self-catheterisation'? Suffice to say that by the age of 40, 40% of men have a prostate problem, by the age of 50, 50% of men have a prostate problem, by the age of 60 etc. Coming to all of you in due course!

I know the feeling Bob, what a relief when you find an unlocked public toilet :whew: (not many in my area this time of year!)

Andy

I know the feeling Bob, what a relief when you find an unlocked public toilet :whew: (not many in my area this time of year!)

Andy

I'm a new man since the 'rebore' ... blissful relief!