Possible misfire?

Hi all, i was driving today and the EML came on, and immediately it felt like a misfire. I checked using the handheld i keep in the car and sure enough misfire cylinder 3. Had all the coilpacks replaced last week so went to skoda who replaced coilpack 3. I was in a bit of a rush so i erased all the codes whilst the guy was replacing the coilpack. Started driving home and it happened again, cylinder 3. Got home and turned the car off took the key out and went in the house, came back to take it to the local garage and nothing, it ran fine and i gave it a bit of a beasting, which i think would have shown up a weakness.

Questions is, could i maybe have just not reset it properly and taking the key out has done it for me, or have i got an intermittent problem? What else could it be wiring? or something more sinister!

cheers

mine feels like it missfires too, not all the time, usually for first few minutes after a cold start, but i get no warning lights on the dash when it does it, only started doing it after the coilpacks were changed last week. Although on mine, as with all the electrics on the car, I noticed some one has fixed/bodged the wiring for the coilpacks, looks like its been repaired at some point but not very well.

Had this on my 4x4 4 or so weeks ago and was the coilpack loom.

I used

1J0 971 658 L (Harness)

IMG_0117.jpg

8L9 121 659 (Heat Deflector)

IMG_0116.jpg

Replaced it all the way back to the Ecu.

Looked like this at one point lol

IMG_0135.jpg

Note on my 4x4 i had to join 1 wire to the new loom as it was not on the new 1 but easy to do.

All in cost was about £60 from TPS

Edited by JackDeath