changing those Beeeeeeping side light bulb

having tried with my fingers and not able to pull the holder out without sucess on several occassions i have to change the bulb as i have an mot due

i read the threads on the fabis mk11 section and they were saying about spraying with wd40 or taking the wheel arch liner out, thinking what a pain in the rear.

looked again and thought i can do this easier

if you take the rear cover off, remove the indicator bulb to give better access, pull the two wires out the back of the access slightly, then you can use a small pair of pliers to grab the wires leading to the bulb holder (taking care not to use to much pressure and damage the wires) then use the edge of the access as a pivot point and the holder popped out easy as anything, no bruised knuckles, no cuts or scrapes

took longer to find the hole to put the holder back after changing the bulb

job done in 2 minutes

Small crocodile clip (type you get on end of car battery charger leads) fits in there perfectly. Give it half a turn and out comes the lamp.

"Simples" - as that Russian rodent would say........

Thanks Bluecar1 for giving me the inspiration to try changing those bulbs again :thumbup: . Like you I thought that it should be easier than some of the other methods that have been posted. Your method with the pliers didn't work for me, hands too big I guess and I didn't have any crocodile clips to try. What I did find in the cars toolkit in the boot was a hook for removing wheel trim (I didn't know that's what it was for until reading the manual afterwards). I found that with a little bit of dexterity you could use that to get a good purchase on the lamp holder and pull it out. Driver's side was the most difficult due to lack of space, but once you feel a good purchase on it it comes out easy.

Took a bit longer than two minutes though! :D

Thanks Bluecar1 for giving me the inspiration to try changing those bulbs again :thumbup: . Like you I thought that it should be easier than some of the other methods that have been posted. Your method with the pliers didn't work for me, hands too big I guess and I didn't have any crocodile clips to try. What I did find in the cars toolkit in the boot was a hook for removing wheel trim (I didn't know that's what it was for until reading the manual afterwards). I found that with a little bit of dexterity you could use that to get a good purchase on the lamp holder and pull it out. Driver's side was the most difficult due to lack of space, but once you feel a good purchase on it it comes out easy.

Took a bit longer than two minutes though! :D

so we have a number of different methods for others to try and see which works best for them, depending on tools and materials to hand

best of luck changing bulbs on the beasts