Couple of Yeti Queries....

AHarrold

A few things I've noticed of late.

1. With the nicer weather I've had my drivers window open and noticed the wing mirror create's a whistling noise, I've tracked this down to the very weird aerodynamics across the top of the mirror housing, seems to end in a lip, then the black plastic part protrudes up causing the whistle, temporary sorted with a bit of electrical tape to make it aerodynamic again just to check I was right.

2. Cornering front fog lights - I can understand why they come on separately for turning left or right, but why do they both come on when you go into reverse?

3. On stopping and turning off the engine the wipers appear to move back into a parked position, even though they've not been used, never seem to see them moving out though when starting up.

1. can't comment on the mirrors. Not noticed it on Elsie the Helipad, but only have window open at up to 30mph.

2. no idea about the reverse thing either...

3. to stop the blades from sticking/wearing out by adjusting the position at rest. I have noticed it as well.

1. Interesting but cant comment- maybe tape should be on the options list!

2. I always assumed this was in case you are reversing in the dark- gives good visibility all round for corners etc

3. I have noticed this on the Superb, was going to RTFM but there is a thread about it in the last day or so on Octavia section- seems to be to do with making sure the wipers dont stick to the windscreen so move to "park "position". LIke you I dont notice them move on start-up.

I seem to recall someone else mentioning whistling/noisy mirrors. IIRC they found an assembly fault of some sort after refering to the dealer.

2 & 3 Yes this is the way things work on the Yeti!

HTH

Andy

Wonder how that would work on short journeys in the freezing cold, have previously seen window wipers frozen to the screen, wonder if it would eventually rip the rubber blade?

Hi,

1. possible due to the fact the wing mirrors (not mounting arm) were designed for Tiguan; there straight out of the VW parts bin.

2. Like front park sensors they activate to help protect and make visible the front end, particularly if your swinging the nose e.g. reversing out of a parking slot.

3. Just trying to prolong the life of the blades by adjusting there stance now and then.

Hope that's of help,

TP

Hi,

1. possible due to the fact the wing mirrors (not mounting arm) were designed for Tiguan; there straight out of the VW parts bin.

2. Like front park sensors they activate to help protect and make visible the front end, particularly if your swinging the nose e.g. reversing out of a parking slot.

3. Just trying to prolong the life of the blades by adjusting there stance now and then.

Hope that's of help,

TP

Thanks TP. That all makes sense.

So I was right about no. 3 then....emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Mike

I always assumed they moved to sit over the heating elements of the heated windscreen (for winter) or demister outlets (but that seems less likely) :dull:

Me too.

the point 3) is actually quite annoying in the winter when the blades frequently freezes stuck and there is no need to use them. The windshield wipers own thinking and logic (incuding not being able to fold up them without using service position) was one of the few things on the Yeti I really disliked.