Spare Steel wheel available?

I've got 17" wheels on my superb estate. No spare.

I have got a spare 17" 225/45 tyre. Is it possible to just get a 17" steel rim and get the tyre put on this for my spare???

Something skoda can provide?

Clueless on this sort of thing!

They can order you one, but if its for a spare eBay will beat anything they will charge you.

just look for a VW /Skoda /Audi/ Seat Wheel.

If you don't have a spare you might need all the other stuff to remove a wheel.

My Dad's Fabia doesn't have a spare but a repair kit. In the repair kit their is no jack or wheel brace, so no means of removing the wheel. All he gets is an electric pump for the tyre and some foam stuff.

So make sure you have all the other stuff otherwise the psare might be next to useless if you can't remove the old wheel.

If you don't have a spare you might need all the other stuff to remove a wheel.

To make our lives easier Skoda has put "all the other stuff" into a kit, with number 3T0071108, which can be ordered online or at your Skoda dealer. In the Netherlands it costs € 49.50 and can be ordered at any VAG dealer.

This spare wheel kit contains everything you need to change a wheel, except the wheel itself.

To the OP:

With a 17" spare you will have a few problems:

- The spare wheel kit won't fit nicely, since it is a perfect fit inside a 7Jx16 rim. It will be loose inside the 17" wheel.

- If it has a 225mm wide tyre it will probably be 20 mm too high and therefore not fit inside the spare wheel well.

just buy a spare alloy rim from Skoda

then the wheel is fully interchangeable with those in use

and no restrictions will apply to the vehicles use ( speed )

if the spare is fitted

The alloy and tyre fits the spare recess of my superb saloon as though it was made to

have a full size spare !!

I have a feeling that the only steel wheel's that are available in 17", are for a VW Transporter van / Caravelle.

I don't think there are any cars with 17" steel wheels.... excluding Temp / Space Saver's of course (used on the VW Touareg and BMW's etc)

I'll grab one of my Winter 18" Wheels tomorrow, and see if it fits in the space for you (height-wise) if you wish.

Al.

just buy a spare alloy rim from Skoda

then the wheel is fully interchangeable with those in use

and no restrictions will apply to the vehicles use ( speed )

if the spare is fitted

The alloy and tyre fits the spare recess of my superb saloon as though it was made to

have a full size spare !!

Not exactly a cheap way of doing things though .... £163 for a 17" alloy from the dealers, plus £10ish for the tyre to be fitted and balanced, all for something that you hopefully will never need to use.

I have a feeling that the only steel wheel's that are available in 17", are for a VW Transporter van / Caravelle.

I don't think there are any cars with 17" steel wheels.... excluding Temp / Space Saver's of course (used on the VW Touareg and BMW's etc)

I'll grab one of my Winter 18" Wheels tomorrow, and see if it fits in the space for you (height-wise) if you wish.

Al.

That would be appreciate if you don't mind....