Shark group buy

Need 30+ people for shark group buy  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a shark performance group buy?

The reason for the sts for me is if it goes into skoda and they update the ecu I have to drive back to shark and go through the process again. I would suspect Ben to do the map again for nothing

Yes we always redo maps for people who have had dealer updates, but to be honest they are few and far between. If that is the only reason for you to wait for the STS, it might be worth travelling to us :)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without seeing the terms and conditions it wouldn't be possible for me to confirm whether we offer the same thing or not, however we are happy to guarantee our workmanship on the map and ECU (the bit we actually modify) for 12 months yes. It isn't possible for us to warrant the rest of the car and to be honest, I don't think it's possible for others to either as there's so many eventualities.

You can see there T&C's here:

http://www.superchips.co.uk/assets/pdf/SuperchipsWarrantyBooklet.pdf

Interesting to note that the warranty is the LESSER of:

12months

30,000 miles

The remaining manufacturers warranty on the vehicle.

However they do go on to say they can cover for the length of the vehicle warranty - enquire for further details.

So if I wanted to get my car with currently 3yrs warranty covered by them I expect I'd need to pay them a premium.

Their T&C's seem to claim that anything related to their remap breaking which the manufacturer refuses to look at will be covered.

*Shrugs* - You pay yours money you takes your chances :)

Is this available for the ASV TDI engine? deffo interested in the STS and remap if available subject to pricing :thumbup:

Yes it would be for your vintage of ASV, some of the older ones couldn't be remapped but yours can :thumbup:

Yes it would be for your vintage of ASV, some of the older ones couldn't be remapped but yours can :thumbup:

Thanks, I would need the STS to save travelling and also like the idea of being able to switch the map on and off and read/clear fault codes from the ECU - any idea on prices?

Thanks, I would need the STS to save travelling and also like the idea of being able to switch the map on and off and read/clear fault codes from the ECU - any idea on prices?

you can clear fault codes? Was going to ask what else could you do with the STS kit. Be nice to clear the fault when both my rear fogs come on. Wonder if I could turn off my running lights, headlights only on when handbrake is off

Prices for individual cars are available on the website at www.sharkperformance.co.uk but here are some popular ones:

Octavia 1.9TDI - £299

Fabia VRS 1.9TDI - £299

Octavia 1.8T (inc VRS) - £349

Octavia 2.0TDI (inc PD VRS) - £349

Octavia VRS 2.0TFSI - £449

Octavia VRS 2.0TSI - £499

Octavia VRS 2.0TDI CR170 - £499

Fabia II VRS 1.4TSI - £499

All prices there include VAT and there is a 10% discount available to Briskoda Freedom members

you can clear fault codes? Was going to ask what else could you do with the STS kit. Be nice to clear the fault when both my rear fogs come on. Wonder if I could turn off my running lights, headlights only on when handbrake is off

STS can only read and erase fault codes on the engine ECU :thumbup:

For those reading this thread and thinking "Hmm, should I get my car done?" then the answer is yes. Had my MK2 FL Octy TSI done by Ben and I am VERY happy with the service and result.

It's like driving a different car, puts a smile on my face every time I get to give it some welly.