Shark group buy

Need 30+ people for shark group buy  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a shark performance group buy?

After reading a topic posted earlier it has become apparent that people are interested in a shark group buy and Ben from shark has said that it is possible to get a group discount if we get either 15+ (50% off STS unit) or 30+ people (100% off STS unit). Please correct me if this is wrong however.

I have started this poll to try and get an idea of numbers interested.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get the shark remap when the sts is available for the cr

im so impatient its unreal so im in the same boat but ive booked in somewhere else for ECU out tomorrow is there ANY hope of STS for the CR170's ??? I asked a few places and all told me unlikely :( superchips for bluefin have it on their site as compatible but they said site is playing up and its defo not and prob will never be

There's no way to remap that ECU over the diagnostic port and so the STS capability is still a long way away gents, sorry.

Could I ask why the STS is such a crucial item for those who won't have the map without it?

There's no way to remap that ECU over the diagnostic port and so the STS capability is still a long way away gents, sorry.

Could I ask why the STS is such a crucial item for those who won't have the map without it?

Which are you referring to? TSi or CR?

I have the 2011 TSi, is that ok to program via diagnostic port?

Just want the flexibility to put back to standard when required, and when I sell.

I'm mainly referring to the CR owners who have mentioned the STS as an absolute must-have, so I was referring to the CR ECU rather than the 2.0TSI.

In your post earlier you mentioned the discount for the STS unit hence why everyone is wanting it I guess. If the group buy would give discount on just the map for those people unable to use or dont want the STS box then perhaps the outcome may differ??

This is just me speculating though.

I'm mainly referring to the CR owners who have mentioned the STS as an absolute must-have, so I was referring to the CR ECU rather than the 2.0TSI.

I know id love one for the ability to change back and keep the box for my next car etc but I think its the daunting thought of having the ECU physically removed and people still under warranty like me being nervous of this. I posted a thread on this earlier today btw having called SUK to see if taking it out and messing with it voids warranty instantly on ECU itself for breaking seals or anything and they say no!

Ben I think if the next CR you do you took some pics to show the process it might put people more at ease or even a short vid on it. Id love to get mine done at yours but im not local enough :( going to the place that did my Fabia VRS a few years ago and were great have a GIANT discount as a returning customer too (Northern Ireland company)

My main problem is the distance you are from me.

Ben I think if the next CR you do you took some pics to show the process it might put people more at ease or even a short vid on it.

rockhopper did just that when he had his CR140 yeti done by Ben

In your post earlier you mentioned the discount for the STS unit hence why everyone is wanting it I guess. If the group buy would give discount on just the map for those people unable to use or dont want the STS box then perhaps the outcome may differ??

This is just me speculating

I would rather not have the STS so I would really appreciate a discount on the map itself.

This is just me speculating though.

So if we were to change the group buy slightly and offer a discount to the same amount as the STS for those who don't want/need one, would that help?

My main problem is the distance you are from me.

I understand and that is of course where the STS really wins. Perhaps if we were to offer the same level of discount as taking a free STS would help that situation for people - it would certainly pay your fuel bill :)

I think yes to your post above Ben. Perhaps if you could lay out an offer for people not wanting the box then this would be good.

Perhaps if we get 30 people and 15 want and 15 don't want then there can be a deal to accommodate all?

Cheers

Anyone in NI fancy organising a group buy and paying for Bens flights so I can get a maxidot installed!?

prob cheaper to go over and bundle him into a car :o There are decent places in NI to get stuff like that done you know :p

I understand and that is of course where the STS really wins. Perhaps if we were to offer the same level of discount as taking a free STS would help that situation for people - it would certainly pay your fuel bill :)

While your about Ben does the 170CR need DPF delete like the PD did or is it ok to leave alone?

Guest Tim31

The reason for the sts for me is if it goes into skoda and they update the ecu I have to drive back to shark and go through the process again. I would suspect Ben to do the map again for nothing

While your about Ben does the 170CR need DPF delete like the PD did or is it ok to leave alone?

Nowhere near as many problematic CR engined cars than PD, so generally you're OK to leave it (so long as the map is carefully tuned and not smoky).