Lowest fabia thread

and I suppose here lies the problem with the briskoda forum.. someone else told me 15s would destroy the sump once I had a nice amount of drop dialled in... and I've seen youve ran those 15" red steelies. haha.

there be no lower as long as the tyre ratios are kept the same, mine seems to sit a little higher on the 15's might be a trick of the size of the wheel though. Unless of course your really low, but then your run into problems no matter what size wheels you have

fronts on mine are slightly stretched with 10mm spacers and normal tyres on the back with 15's and no adjusters just the cups. might have to take the cups out lol.

I was out round some of the country roads earlier and I managed to catch the splitter or sump on a few road undulations at 57cm! Going to have to get at least 2cm up I reckon and possibly more to make it safe, it's not very often I drive around those sort of roads but when I do I'd feel more comfortable knowing I have enough clearance to get around in one piece!

Am I the only one who thinks these really low cars look stupid? lol!

I think a massive drop on the back looks odd, because the wheel seems to get sucked forward in the arch. That's why I haven't taken my adjusters out!

What kit you running? I dont seem to have too many issues at 57/58cm, just take it steady and avoid 2 roads in mk that i know i`ll get stuck down lol

Matt

I run weitec's the fronts are down so the bottom of the adjustor leaves one thread so really you could screw the front down more to leave the thread half way in the cup if you get me? the backs are my main issue as they dont drop as much as the fronts and i dont really want to take adjustors and cups out because it sometimes looks a bit funny, might have to try it though. i tend to scrape mostly on the mudflaps towards the front of the front wheels, might have to get them trimmed off :)

my cars parked slightly uneven so ill take an average and say

about 59cm all round on weitec's could do with going slightly lower on front really but does catch on my parents street which is awkward when ive got my son to pick up emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

62cm front and rear :rock::D

A quick question to all of you who keep fiddling with your ride heights - do you have your suspension geo re-adjusted afterwards each time you change heights? I've read of several people who say they raise the height for winter, then drop the car for the summer, but find it hard to believe you go and visit a garage to have it set up again each time.

Just asking as I am still on Eibach's at the moment, which I am perfectly happy with still, but as always think it would look much nicer down another inch or so. I personally would find a height I liked and then leave it, but it may take a few adjustments to get there.

I'm looking at the KW v1 basic's at the moment on the special price, but don't know how long they will stay that cheap, and can't really afford to do it until August time.

60.5cm both front and rear here (although I seem to be one of the few who have 18 inch wheels which brings the arch a bit higher) but am thinking of lowering it a bit further ;)

Good question Si.

I had my alignment sorted when the weitecs were originally fitted and have tweaked the height (gradually lower and lower) over time. I've never been advised to check the alignment each time the height has been tweaked.

It may not make a massive difference over a small adjustment in height, but it's something that I don't know much about, so would be good to get some opinions as people with coilovers always seem to be seeking that 'perfect stance'.

I am so damn tempted to order those KW's this week, but I must resist! Going to Le Mans next week and need lots of beer tokens! :D

Thanks all for gouging speed bumps so that they are less comfortable for us normal drivers to drive over them. Think you are all silly (putting it mildly) and hope you get beached.