New Octavia VRS petrol needs oil

Hi, I took delivery of my Octavia VRS petrol in January.

The oil light came on at 7,000 (ish) miles. Is that right that a new engine has already started to use oil?

Also, where do you get the VW accredited oils from?

Thanks in anticipation of your help folks

yep its not unusual mate so dont worry.

If your in depserate need for oil halfords will have some but you will pay for it aslong as it has VW 504.00/507.00 stamped on it.

Failing that vwspares.co.uk has 5 litres of Quantum VW oil :thumbup:

Get yourself a Halfrauds trade card or borrow one, good discounts on all service parts. They do the VW/Audi/Skoda spec oil. Light green/blue container which is about £33 is memory serves me right.

Hi, I took delivery of my Octavia VRS petrol in January.

The oil light came on at 7,000 (ish) miles. Is that right that a new engine has already started to use oil?

Also, where do you get the VW accredited oils from?

Thanks in anticipation of your help folks

If the car is brand new, I would be surprised that you got to 7,000 miles before the light came on!

I think Asda might still do it, if so you can get 4 litres of Castrol Edge oil for £30, bit of a bargain really, just make sure to check the label on the back to make sure it is the right spec oil.

Ian

Thanks for all your help, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question.

Thought I'd done some damage to the engine!!

Will have to go through all your suggestions to find some appropriate lube!

Thnaks again all.

Get yourself a Halfrauds trade card or borrow one, good discounts on all service parts.

Any idea what the discount rate is on oil with a Trade card?

Mine has used a third of a litre in 27,000 miles but I drive pretty sedately mostly. There does seem to be lots of varying experiences on this however one drives.

Don't rely just on warning lights. It pays to check oil and fluid levels and tyre pressures regularly. Yes, these engines do use oil.

Does this mean that oil was not checked at any time before the oil light came on at 7,000 miles on a brand new car ? . Strewth ! I bet it's a company car !

I suppose when it's sold it will be described as having one careful owner !

Morning all, I hope you don’t mind but I am going to jump onto the back of this thread as I have a oil question and I can't find the answer and I don't want to start a new thread.

I used to drive a 03 passat and she was a PD engine so PD oil OK all good…now I drive TDi vRS FL and I have no idea if is she a PD or common rail I thought she was a PD but the people I talked to last night said they think she is a common rail…… Anyone?

So anyway I am off away soon and I need to know what oil should I take with me when I go away?

Thanks in advance x

If it's a TDI vRS FL you have, then it's definitely a CR unit.

Seen a number of PD Facelifts at the dealers. When I bought mine I was offered a test drive in a 10 plate PD

Quick look on Skoda website ...

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=601365712

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=601326028

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=601356372

Seen a number of PD Facelifts at the dealers. When I bought mine I was offered a test drive in a 10 plate PD

Not a vRS diesel facelift you weren't!

Haha - OK, you're relying on the extremely accurate and reliable Skoda used car search are you?!

That's fine, you believe what you want to believe. It's strange that CR units have been used in vRS diesels since the middle of 2008 then really, even before the FL was released...

Quick look on Skoda website ...

http://www.skoda.net...px?id=601365712

If we look at this first example, you might find that the actual vehicle info comes back as the following.

You'll see there are two useful letters after TDI, in the Model information section...

Vehicle Registration Mark

NU10YFM

Make

SKODA

Model

OCTAVIA VRS TDI CR

Transmission & fuel type

MANUAL 6 GEARS DIESEL

Body Type

5 DOOR HATCHBACK

Colour

SILVER

Haha - OK, you're relying on the extremely accurate and reliable Skoda used car search are you?!

That's fine, you believe what you want to believe. It's strange that CR units have been used in vRS diesels since the middle of 2008 then really, even before the FL was released...

WOW your ego really is something else. So let me get this right....

I'm wrong, I don't know what car I was looking at, offered a test drive in.

The dealer was wrong in telling me it was a PD as I specifically asked him the questing

The cars engine didn't know what it was and was a CR driving and sounding like a PD

Skoda are wrong - they don't know what cars they are selling

Wardy is right with no evidence other than "his word"

Poor show mate, really