Cheap aftermarket boost pipes?

All depends what kind of tools you have

Mickey mouse / learning centre tools wont do the job...

Pretty sure the collar of intercooler is plastic and boost pipe collar is aluminium!

So its hardly hard going!

Im a qualified sparky so i know how a screw and screwdriver work... Use them every day believe it or not

Sorry the tools you are using have little to do with it, a Snap-On screwdriver used by a monkey will still be a bodge, whereas a decent mechanic (not a 'fitter') can do a good job with an Aldi special, he would just choose not to as the tools would not last as long.

Who said it is hard going? It's just that there is a right way and a wrong way of doing thing, being a sparky you should know that.

Anything that introduces aluminium swarf into the intake system cannot be a good thing.

Was it you the other week on 'Rogue Traders?' :giggle:

Guest BigJase88

I took the smic off there was no swarf

Jeez oh! How many times do i have to say it?

Do you even know how to take the intercooler out?

Lol

On a serious note, I've seen some metal cable ties before. Dunno if that's the weather ones which was mentioned earlier.

Re to the tapping screw. I don't see what's the problem, its sucking into the pipe, if worse comes to worse it will screw in more and create a tighter seal.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

More utter nonsense. How the hell is a screw getting sucked inwards when the boost hose in question is on the high pressure side of the Turbo. There is no vacuum in that hose at any time.

Has anyone considered the possibility of using properly swage ended aluminium pipes and real Terry Jubilee clips?

Yes VAG did on the earlier engines. Then they started using chocolate after they saw the Skoda cake car advert.

More utter nonsense. How the hell is a screw getting sucked inwards when the boost hose in question is on the high pressure side of the Turbo. There is no vacuum in that hose at any time.

Haha point taken, was bit early in the morning. Anyway good luck with the smoke thing :D.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Take the bumper off then lol

Simples

i had the bumper and intercooler out over easter when i cleaned the whole lot out :) altho it was a struggle geting the clip back on never mind cable ties lol i think its a headlamp out jobbie?

i had the bumper and intercooler out over easter when i cleaned the whole lot out :) altho it was a struggle geting the clip back on never mind cable ties lol i think its a headlamp out jobbie?

yip headlight will do, thou it's a tight fit ;)

as in the headlight is tight? lol any idea how i remove it?

Two torx bits on top, either a 10 or 8 mill spanner just by the radiator this bolt is fiddly to remove, disconnect the wiring, then have fun trying to remove it lol

It is possible thou :)

2 torx bits on top, 1 behind the headlight if u look down, and then a ten mm bolt by the rad, u mite have to slacken the bumper off abit tho, apas it possible to get it out without removing the bumper! lol

sounds like.... fun lol will maybe have a go someday :) cause the pipe does reveal about 3mm of the metal collar bit which should be inside so i assume i would be losing boost?