vrs bluetooth and telephone prep, what should i get?

If you look on the new Skoda Fabia configurator if you spec the standard Multifunction Steering Wheel you get buttons on the left of the wheel.

If you spec the Multi Function Steering Wheel with phone prep you get buttons on both sides.

Cheers

Lee

i dont know if this is another change for the 12 spec car, the description has changed all it used to say was Multi Function Steering Wheel with phone prep, now it says Multi Function Steering Wheel with control module for radio and telephone. Also no photos in the bochure showed buttons on both sides and the new website has a picture now although the picture is of a 4 spoke wheel. So maybe its just added. I would just like to know one way or another if i got what i paid for at the time.

Edited by chas

That's like the Yeti MFSW+Phone wheel, I think.

I must admit I would prefer that to the (left-buttons only) MFSW+Phone wheel I got in my VRS. I wonder if the new "two-sided" wheel could be retrofitted to older cars?

Edited by wmerrifield

I must admit I would prefer that to the (left-buttons only) MFSW+Phone wheel I got in my VRS. I wonder if the new "two-sided" wheel could be retrofitted to older cars?

to be honest having the left hand buttons only is not much of a problem as i tend to use voice control as its easier and works very well.

It's straight from the Skoda Fabia Configurator.

Showing on our order as "PL7 MFSW with phone prep and small leather pack"

Cheers

Lee

You have two choices with bluetooth on a vRS:-

* order the bluetooth module only - keep the standard radio MFSW and control phone functions from trip computer stalk.

* order the module and phone MFSW - you get the different wheel with controls on RHS for phone functions, like an audi. believe the trip computer stalk remains for maxidot control.

if you have the amundsen or retrofit a bolero you can control the phone functions on that too.

i think the 4 spoke wheel has been deleted and replaced with the three spoke on all other fabia's for my 2012

Edited by pipsyp

You have two choices with bluetooth on a vRS:-

* order the bluetooth module only - keep the standard radio MFSW and control phone functions from trip computer stalk.

* order the module and phone MFSW - you get the different wheel with controls on RHS for phone functions, like an audi. believe the trip computer stalk remains for maxidot control.

if you have the amundsen or retrofit a bolero you can control the phone functions on that too.

i think the 4 spoke wheel has been deleted and replaced with the three spoke on all other fabia's for my 2012

the problem is i ordered the second option and have ended up with the first with the controls on the left only and you can only move up and down the phone book using the wiper stalk control, afew folk have had the same result when ordering the phone prep and mfsw. I spoke to skoda today and they will get back to me to let me know if i got what i should.

the problem is i ordered the second option and have ended up with the first with the controls on the left only and you can only move up and down the phone book using the wiper stalk control, afew folk have had the same result when ordering the phone prep and mfsw. I spoke to skoda today and they will get back to me to let me know if i got what i should.

Yeah, the phone MFSW should be a dealer retrofit and recode job. If you ordered it insist that Skoda put right the mistake by getting your dealer to fit it free of charge

Yeah, the phone MFSW should be a dealer retrofit and recode job. If you ordered it insist that Skoda put right the mistake by getting your dealer to fit it free of charge

i will speak to my dealer on saturday, the problem is they say i have got what i ordered, i will see what skoda say when they call me back.

So if its wrong my dealer can fit the proper wheel and get it working with the blutooth already fitted.

You have got the right one. For the vRS there is no other wheel. ignore the image that was linked to above - you telling me they do a manual vRS too now? The buttons on the left control the phone (to a certain extent) and the stereo. This is the way it is.

You have got the right one. For the vRS there is no other wheel. ignore the image that was linked to above - you telling me they do a manual vRS too now? The buttons on the left control the phone (to a certain extent) and the stereo. This is the way it is.

The gear lever is shown as the wheel also includes small leather pack (leather gear lever and gaitor) on manual cars only. For dsg models it's standard anyway.

Our car is dsg too.

If there is only one wheel for the vRS then why is there an expensive option for MFSW with phone prep?

Cheers

Lee

On the one I have there is a picture of a phone on it - it's probably a Skoda con, but seeing as everyone who has ordered it gets this and the brochures and everything else has a picture of this wheel then it must be right.

Holding the phone button down brings up the voice activation.

I've not seen another wheel to compare it to unfortunately.

EDIT: When I say that there's only one wheel - I mean one style of wheel (buttons on the left).

Edited by B3ats

There is no double set of buttons wheel for the Fabia. I'm always surprised by the popularity of bluetooth prep, which i think is a very expensive option (free on all Fiats).

In my many years of driving i've never thought "I wish i could have an incessantly ringing telephone" lol. I get that all day in the office, driving to and from it is a safe haven from such annoyances.

I stand corrected.

Found this, looks like the Phone MFSW is the same as the standard wheel. Suspect there is either a coding change/additional module that allows for phonebook & voice control functions

http://www.skoda.co.uk/GBR/Documents/Brochures/Accessories/SkodaFabia-Roomster-Bluetooth-guide.pdf

May be that the dealer can work with Skoda UK to activate the phone functions if they do not work already.

I must say that the Bluetooth functionality works well - makes a bloody annoying 'bong' though. There's phonebook support, recent calls lists and it plays music from you phone through the speakers. The Maxi-Dot displays the phone name, network it's on, signal level & battery level (at least it does on mine).

I must say that the Bluetooth functionality works well - makes a bloody annoying 'bong' though. There's phonebook support, recent calls lists and it plays music from you phone through the speakers. The Maxi-Dot displays the phone name, network it's on, signal level & battery level (at least it does on mine).

Comparing to what it costs in Sweden (approx 300 euro) then I would be damned if it didn't do those things!

Rather expensive for being a bluetooth-reciever >.<!