Black magic detailing

As the title says really, today I went to a detailing demo and got some amazing tips and techniques! I also purchased some new cleaning products!

Poorboys black hole followed by poorboys ex p sealent and then a few coats of autoglym hd wax.... The finish is unreal. I could probably use the car as a mirror!

What is everyone else using on there cars???

Bilt Hamber Autoclay using Meguiar's Last Touch as a lubricant

Menzerna polishes applied by DA using Meguiar's pads on a Meguiar's G220 DA as necessary to remove any swirls

Poorboy's Black Hole glaze applied using a Meguar's finishing pad on the DA

Topped off with a couple of coats of whatever wax I'm on at the time - currently Dodo Juice Purple Velvet Pro

Tend to do that once every 6 months ish as necessary. In between I tend to wash weekly, using Last touch as a drying aid brings back a nice shine. If I want extra gloss I go over with Dodo Juice red mist.

Poor boy black it supposed to be the best product for black cars, will definitely be on my shopping list if my Fabia will be in black

I am very tempted to buy and try that blake hole stuff as everybody seams to rave about it. However, you can't use it on it's own, so I haven't decided what wax to buy.

It is either, HD wax, Colly, one of the Dodo Juice ones (possibly Purple Haze), or something else. I went to a detailing place and was impressed by R222 wax, I was very tempted.

The detailing guy today told me to buy PB ex-p sealant as well as black hole. The ex-p enhances te affect of the black hole as they have been designed to work together!

As for wax, iv tried dodo and collonite and I can't honestly the hd wax I'm using now is the best IMO

It is either, HD wax, Colly, one of the Dodo Juice ones (possibly Purple Haze), or something else. I went to a detailing place and was impressed by R222 wax, I was very tempted.

Is r222 the new name for P21s (iirc)? Good wax if it is.

Certainly is. I used to love a P21s session a few years back on my golf - it does leave a very 'wet look' finish.. However, these days there are many other waxes that are soooo much easier to work with and last longer, such as dodo juice, that I struggle to find the will to use p21s anymore :(

Yes it is. :yes:

I was impressed how easy it was to apply, speed to dry and the easiness to remove. :D However, the guy did say it isn't very durable and probably only last a month to 6 weeks. :(

I have read about a kit you can buy from Turtle Wax, which is great for black cars. I think it's called 'Black Box' or something like that.

I was impressed how easy it was to apply, speed to dry and the easiness to remove.

Thats crazy! - it is like buffing lard off your car! If you find P21s easy to remove, you'll be laughing if you applied something like clearkote vanilla moose wax or pinnacle liquid souveran :D

I wouldn't advise that black box at all... I got one and the only thing it is good for is ruining your microfibres and applicator sponges and staining your fingers black. The results aren't even amaing on the car!

poorboys black hole real good stuff! im gonna have to get some of tht ex p sealant stuff! id recomened the poorboys natty blue wax (smells nice too lol)

Yeah the ex p sealant is awesome for adding to the effects of black hole. The longer you leave it on, the glossier the finish is!

Start with a good wash, then:

Clay Magic Perfect Finish Kit - Clay bar to get rid of all the small deposits

Poorboys - White Diamond

Collinite 476s Super Doublecoat

All finally rubbed down with Eurow - Shag Pile Double Density Towels

Best advice is to do a panel at a time and ensure you spend a while to get it right.

In my mind (and quite a few people in the office car park) the resuld is one hell of a sexy show room shine!!!

Pics to follow once the weather allows! :rofl:

Edited by Skoda_Fabia_Ad

...Poorboys - White Diamond

Collinite 476s Super Doublecoat

White Diamond on a Black car??

Surely Black Hole is the one to use, not that. Having said that I can imagine it may work, and it's Black Hole you should not use on a white/silver car.

Edited by Jim H

The detailing guy today told me to buy PB ex-p sealant as well as black hole. The ex-p enhances te affect of the black hole as they have been designed to work together!

As for wax, iv tried dodo and collonite and I can't honestly the hd wax I'm using now is the best IMO

Right, now you've done it! Lol. I've got dodo juice supernatural, collonite de ellegence (what ever it's called), r222 & autoglym HD all in my eBay watch list. Which one should I buy?? (My Harly wax has run out).

Good point mate, not sure if i have mis-read the original post though. My car is Red and not black which is why i have chosen to use the White Diamond :smirk:

It seems to have done the trick for me. May well have had the same result using Black Hole.... its all good though. Looks like Red could have White Diamond or Black Hole used on it :rofl:

Cool. My car is red. Still don't know what to get though.

Sooooo many options out there. Got about £50 to spend on wax, even though I don't see the point in buying a 150 - 250 gram tin when one or two coats can survive from 6 months to a year!