Pollen filter fabia

seboni121

It could be like the MKI Fabia.....lie on your back in passenger footwell and look up at under side of glovebox (near bulkhead by centre console)....there should be two slideclips on a panel that you slide together then pull down the panel and remove the filter. B)

• Like 1

It could be like the MKI Fabia.....lie on your back in passenger footwell and look up at under side of glovebox (near bulkhead by centre console)....there should be two slideclips on a panel that you slide together then pull down the panel and remove the filter. B)

Yeah like mk1 under the dash passenger side thanxemoticon-0148-yes.gif

Glad it worked!!! B) The easiest bit of a Skoda service to do!!! Wonder how much a dealership would charge??? :wonder:

service is around £240 from dealer so I will try and do it?emoticon-0112-wondering.gif, however just found out I need to change the fuel filter now, but I think its quite difficult?, I know I will need to refil the diesel before starting "air lock", but I need to find some one already done so I can have a proper look tried you tube but nothing there any links here? cant find any but I will give it a go emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

I should be able to give you the procedure as straight forward!...based on MKI Fabia..so should point you in right direction. B)

Hi well are the fuel filters the same on the mk1 and mk2 . there are two pipes in the top inlet and outlet fuel ?,do you fill the filter with diesel before attaching again looks as if you just replace the paper filter inside the metal casing though

Hi well are the fuel filters the same on the mk1 and mk2 . there are two pipes in the top inlet and outlet fuel ?,do you fill the filter with diesel before attaching again looks as if you just replace the paper filter inside the metal casing though

For MKI there are four pipes on the top of the filter two of which are connected to the control valve unit (small) just undo the clip holding the controlvalve and remove the controlvalve, then undo the other two pipes from the filter. Slacken of bracket and remove filter........refit is just a reversal......just run engine at idle for a bit..then raise revs to 2000rmp several times and observe the fuel flow tho' the clear hose bit near the injection pump for any air bubbles! B)

If you can separate the fuel filter and reveal a paper element then procedure is different...which I don't know! B)

Edited by fabdavrav

For MKI there are four pipes on the top of the filter two of which are connected to the control valve unit (small) just undo the clip holding the controlvalve and remove the controlvalve, then undo the other two pipes from the filter. Slacken of bracket and remove filter........refit is just a reversal......just run engine at idle for a bit..then raise revs to 2000rmp several times and observe the fuel flow tho' the clear hose bit near the injection pump for any air bubbles! B)

If you can separate the fuel filter and reveal a paper element then procedure is different...which I don't know! B)

Hi no only 2 pipes on the top of this one,ive had a look at the other 1.6crtdi ive got ang thats the same so a little different i think,thanxs any way ,it in theory should be just as simple or simpler.i think its similar to the oil filter system you just replace the inner filter

Edited by seboni121

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

At risk of stating the obvious, put something in the footwear to catch anything that comes out when you remove the cover. Mine had about half a cup of water in, dad's had a heap of leaves.

Observe which way round the filter frame is when it comes out, as it only fits one way, and likewise which way the filter element is in the frame.