The dreaded tyre debate, Uniroyals please come back

I've a set of four Uniroyal rain sport 2's on my Fabia Vrs for a year now.

Recently hit a pot hole and now have a nice bulge in the wall of the front left tyre. I'd read posts on here in the past about the availbility issues with the tyres and hoped that this was just a phase.

I tried several local tyre places who said they could no longer get them, and alot of online retailers no longer had stock.

Managed to find a supplier selling them for £87.90 with free delivery. Is this the way it's going to be now, hunting for stockists which become harder and harder to find.

With that in mind I like to have matched tyres on my car so where do I go from hear in the future, Michelin pilot sports are pricey, toyo proxes 4 ??

Anyone got any good tyre suggestions, for 205/45/16 ??

I've a set of four Uniroyal rain sport 2's on my Fabia Vrs for a year now.

Recently hit a pot hole and now have a nice bulge in the wall of the front left tyre. I'd read posts on here in the past about the availbility issues with the tyres and hoped that this was just a phase.

I tried several local tyre places who said they could no longer get them, and alot of online retailers no longer had stock.

Managed to find a supplier selling them for £87.90 with free delivery. Is this the way it's going to be now, hunting for stockists which become harder and harder to find.

With that in mind I like to have matched tyres on my car so where do I go from hear in the future, Michelin pilot sports are pricey, toyo proxes 4 ??

Anyone got any good tyre suggestions, for 205/45/16 ??

Eagle f1s GSD3 rock in the wet and are dam good in the dry to. I recommend them

I don't know where you are as it's not in your profile, but if you need one rainsport I have an almost new one on a very nice Fabia VRS rim for £90 here:

Gives you a spare rim too.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/202097-standard-fabia-vrs-alloys/page__pid__2414093#entry2414093

Thanks for the offer, I ended up ordering one off the internet. I've immigrated (lol) to Northern Ireland so everythings harder to get out here. That other website delivered to mainland only, the sea scares deliveries it seems.

What tyres are most people running now,Eagles, Pilots, etc??

Going to start shopping about for the best prices ready to change them two at a time.

Thanks

Had a delivery this morning for 4 Toyo's proxes from camskill, they were very informative about delivery time and damn cheaper than most places.

Yeah I've just been looking at the Toyo's,seem to have good reviews online.

It's good to build up a picture from Briskoda as to what everyone's using cos the more popular choices usually seem to be well thought of.

Yeah I've just been looking at the Toyo's,seem to have good reviews online.

It's good to build up a picture from Briskoda as to what everyone's using cos the more popular choices usually seem to be well thought of.

Yes, peeps on here are very helpful!!!! I didn't know about camskill until comments from here therefore I recon i have saved £50ish on these tyres!!!

Eagle f1s GSD3 rock in the wet and are dam good in the dry to. I recommend them

I agree, I've had GSD2's and GSD3's and were brilliant in wet and dry. However they were useless when the temperatures get cold in winter (Toyos are better then). The problem is I don't think Goodyear make them any more as I've not seen them for a while.

I've recently bought Rainsports and like most people on here am very impressed, it's just a shame they seem to be hard to get hold of. I will need a pair for my rear tyres, before my MOT in July.

My VRS still had 1x Bridgestone Turanza ER300 on the spare in boot, unused with stickers on it. I ordered another one for £102 fitted, ditched my crappy 'goodride' tyres and now running the Bridgestone's on the front. I believe these are the ones that came fitted from the factory when the car was new.

Nice feel from the tyres when driving, grip is pretty good too but I can still get it to spin in 2nd in the wet.

I've just fitted Yokohama Prada spec'2 to my spiders these are amazing tyres in the dry so much grip in the rain the not as good but no worse than other tyres I've had on

My VRS still had 1x Bridgestone Turanza ER300 on the spare in boot, unused with stickers on it. I ordered another one for £102 fitted, ditched my crappy 'goodride' tyres and now running the Bridgestone's on the front. I believe these are the ones that came fitted from the factory when the car was new.

Nice feel from the tyres when driving, grip is pretty good too but I can still get it to spin in 2nd in the wet.

Just done the same with my car - cheaper than buying 2 mid-range tyres!

What did you replace the one in the boot with? Remember the spare has to have a non-directional and/or asymmetric tread paten. This will mean it can be used on both sides of the car.

Edited by Jim H

What did you replace the one in the boot with? Remember the spare has to have a non-directional and/or asymmetric tread paten. This will mean it can be used on both sides of the car.

I replaced it with a 'goodride' !! These things will probably find your way into a ditch, no matter which direction they are fitted!