Guess who got a new VRS

Well, worked till 5 and couldn't have been out the door quicker. Went straight over to the dealer, signed the paperwork at 100000mph, grabbed the keys, and drove like a granny all the way home :) hahaha! been out in it since (had to go show a couple of people) and I can say the car is brilliant. Not giving it full whack but by god it's quick. Overtaking is ridculous easy even without thrashing it.

Done about 140 miles (I know, I went a bit crazy on the drive about for one night! :| ) and the MPG is sitting around 34mpg although i'm sure its broken cos my fuel gauge seems to fly down :( Maybe just cos i'm watching it all the time though.

I'm used to driving a Corsa so the ride seems amazing and the handling is awesome too (again, not giving it major stick).

Got my iPod hooked up and my phone bluetoothed in and I must say its a bit iffy to work at first, and I wasn't really enjoying the searching for songs but i've gotten the hang of it now and it's going well. My phone also decided it wasn't displaying a phonebook for some reason but turn the car off and back on (typical solution being an IT guy) and that solved that issue.

DSG is taking some getting used to. I love using the paddles to shift up and just letting it shift down on its own. Using 'D' for toddling around and just using cruise for, well...cruising?

Barely used 'S' to be honest, gave it a couple of blasts but felt like i was going to break the bloody thing! Maybe later when the engine has been run in a bit :)

All in all I'm going to sleep just now with a VERY happy expression on my face. :D

fantastic that you are enjoying it like a kid at Christmas with a new toy :) I bought mine as a "treat" as I can't really afford it, but I like to have something nice that I enjoy in my life :thumbup:

advice: don't baby it too much, drive it like "normal" from the start, if you need full throttle and 7k use it :yes:

most of the time it will be driven gently anyway....

at 10,300 miles, I can say high 40's is easily acheivable on a normal drive :thumbup:

it took one and a half bottles of oil in that 10k though! keep checking it ;)

glad you are enjoying it, cars like this should be bought by people who are enthusiatic about cars :thumbup:

Just had mine too - (pics on the official register) - and I can't stop taking it to the redline :D it's wicked.

The way I see it, it's on a 3 year Solutions package with a 3 year warranty. If I drive it like a performance hatch should be driven and use the entire rev range when it's warmed properly and the car develops a fault then it will go back to the garage and they will fix it under warranty. BTW - when you do floor it, it's just like a mini express train that keeps going and going... and the noise in the cabin!

[quote name='B3ats' ... and the noise in the cabin!

got to admit I am starting to really like the noise it makes too :thumbup:

coming form a mk1 I still feel like I am thrashing the engine at 4,000 rpm, but getting used to it more after a few weeks (2 weeks today!) :rofl:

Cheers for the comments guys. Absolutely loving it!! Day 2 and it's a joy. Avg fuel consumption reaching 38mpg already and that's driving relatively spirited, although I have to ask, is it normal for the "consumption" (opposed to "average consumption") to jump about like crazy for the first while?? I just assumed that it would take me a few more miles just to let the readings settle but just want to make sure.

The performance is staggering for me. I realise there are those people that are used to driving 300+ BHP saloons that do 0-62 in sub 5 seconds but please don't burst my bubble, I'm only 20 and this thing to me is on another planet of fast!! :D

I've been driving mostly in 'D' and with the paddles, don't really use 'S' as it does genuinely feel like it's going to break the car :o haha!

And don't get me wrong, I'm getting him (Decided it's him cos he's names Kermit apparently) up the revs every now and again just like you guys are saying :)

I've got some nightbreakers on the way, thrown in some Ambassador Mats (which may I add, are top notch!) and I'm going to get a shorter aerial at some point too. Looked into getting the Monte black grill and lights fitted also, but dealer can only order and not fit, i'd be too scared to **** it up. Never mind, no rush anyway as quite simply, I love the car as it is.

I've been driving mostly in 'D' and with the paddles, don't really use 'S' as it does genuinely feel like it's going to break the car :o haha!

You won't break it :D Stick it in 'S' from standstill. Push your foot as flat to the floor as you can get it (as fast as you can) and experience the motor taking off!! Don't worry, you may not think it's going to change gear but it will - it's build to do this so don't fret!!

Nice one Frobb. Popped into halfords today & happened to see a small 12cm aerial. Check it out it looks from a distance that it says VRS but it actually say's wrs :giggle:

Edited by skodakev

it!! Day 2 and it's a joy. Avg fuel consumption reaching 38mpg already and that's driving relatively spirited, although I have to ask, is it normal for the "consumption" (opposed to "average consumption") to jump about like crazy for the first while?? I just assumed that it would take me a few more miles just to let the readings settle but just want to make sure.

the consumption is the instant consumption, so it will jump about like crazy every time you touch the pedals, incline changes etc.

nice to see you are enjoying it i have had mine 2months and the grin :) has not left my face all i will say is use that kick down button at the end of the throttle travel it scared the crap out of me first time i used it

Nice mate, glad you got yours ok :)

Seems most of us week 20 chaps are now sitting in new cars :D

I'm over the moon with mine mate. How you finding your estate? :D

Got it 11 June, 10 weeks + delivery (3 weeks?)from order, pretty much as quoted when ordered.

Good car, worth waiting for, oh yes!!!

Edited by Silverlink

Congratulations!

I pick my Rallye Green Fabia vRS up on Monday and I can hardly wait! Mine's very similar looking to yours, Rallye Green, Black Roof and Black Wheels.

I see your located in Aberdeen, well I'm originaly from Scotland and have relatives who live near Aberdeen in a little village called Banchory, so I know you have some fantastic roads in the area to enjoy your car on.

Anyway, enjoy your car and I look forward to seeing some more photo's.

Congratulations!

I pick my Rallye Green Fabia vRS up on Monday and I can hardly wait! Mine's very similar looking to yours, Rallye Green, Black Roof and Black Wheels.

I see your located in Aberdeen, well I'm originaly from Scotland and have relatives who live near Aberdeen in a little village called Banchory, so I know you have some fantastic roads in the area to enjoy your car on.

Anyway, enjoy your car and I look forward to seeing some more photo's.

I know quite a lot of people from Banchory, for one reason or another. I won't specify how. haha!

The colour is hundreds of times better in the metal. I love it. It's a really good head turner too, so if you like people having a squint at your motor, greens the right choice :)

I actually live out beside Ellon, so not really in Aberdeen as such.

Oh, and I wouldn't say Banchory is a little Village, have you been recently? it's massive! haha!

Estate is epic, only done 50 miles but boy have they been fun :)

Taking it easy - ish until I do a few more, building up each time I go for a drive. Loads of people gawping at it lol :D