Alternative to the Fabia vRS

Hi guys as many of you know I had a vRS on order for a while, I got fed up of the lack of information from the dealer so decided to cancel my order, I then found a really nice slightly 2nd hand Polo Gti for new Fabia money and decided to go for it!

It has a few options like parking sensor's, cruise control, climate control and DAB with touch screen radio, really happy with it but will always have a soft spot for the vRS

SAM_1083.jpg

SAM_1080.jpg

SAM_1077.jpg

SAM_1076.jpg

SAM_1075.jpg

SAM_1071.jpg

Edited by stugolf

Its impossible to deny that the new Polo isnt a nicer all round car than the Fabia, same goes for the vRS vs GTi....just a shame they are so overpriced new and they dont do an estate! I will say however compared to the vRS it is perhaps a little too subtle and the one wheel choice is a little bland, shame they dont do a Monza Shadow option

I like it, just too pricey to even think about, and as said above - no Estate version.

I like the flat steering wheel and slightly brighter cabin with aluminium trims etc. Might get some ordered for mine.

I like the random girl who appears lost on the roundabout :rofl:

I think this is where the Polo excels, in many ways its very similar to the Fabia in the way it drives and handles but the interior is a different league completely.

The fit and finish is much better and the parts used are much nicer. Infact the Polo Gti is so good its better than the MK6 Golf Gti interior as that doesn't have the lovely black piano trim which the Polo has (although a pain to keep clean!)

I absolutely love the Polo GTi and yours look gr8 in White. The quality of the interior is far superior to the Fabia VRs IMO just too expensive brand new, looks like you got a great deal, enjoy.

Good bargin!!! looks much better that the golf......and I think a truer sucsessor to the original GTI badge due to small vehicle size and decent engine output! B)

Was that SWMBO that you dropped off on the roundabout??? :giggle:

An all-round mint motor - although I really dislike the rear light clusters on the polos. The GTI should have LED versions or something a bit meaner. It makes the rear end look like a soppy japanese cartoon character (or is that my bizarre imagination).

Also, its a shame the vRS doesnt come with chrome vent surrounds despite it saying it does in the brochure.. :(

Theres a 60 plate gti at a local main dealer garage, white 3 door just the same but it's over £18k.... i think i will save myself £3.5k and wait for my vrs which will be the spec i want, and it's a more practical 5 door and it's more exclusive as i am yet to see a single one on the road at all!

I just think that for a similar car that much extra for a car that is not even new is a complete rip off.