YETI SE PLUS

GEOFFL

Planning on buying a Yeti SE Plus with a few extra goodies.One of the benefits of this choice is Sat Nav as standard which really keeps the price down, BUT I think it is the Amundson system and I wonder what are are the differences between Amundson and Columbus?

Also there is no smokers option on the SE Plus which I find it difficult to believe.

Any help/advice gratefully accepted

GEOFFL

Edited by GEOFFL

Hi,

think the SE Plus is a good spec myself, despite some not liking the upholstery :) All UK Yeti's as far as I'm aware have the no smokers pack as standard (no ash trays fitted or lighter; power socket only).

The Columbus has a number of additional features over the Amundsen, such as DVD and Voice control, see the owners manuals

Amundsen

Columbus

Which engine and drive system are you considering by the way :wonder:

Regards,

TP

You like the design of the seat fabric then ?

Just 'come over' from the Superb side of things as I decided to bale out before the oil pump did, and trade in whilst the car still had value. Hopefully picking up a new Yeti SE Plus next Tuesday. It must be me then as I didn't see a problem with the Krystal seat pattern, it looks like a functional seat covering for what is functional vehicle * and to me far less garish than some of the other Skoda attempts such as the Roomster 1's and 2's...

Went in to buy a Greenline and came out with a 1.4 SE+. ....... i.e the one they had in the showroom, otherwise it was a 20 week wait... The one thing I do use in the Superb is the sat nav... (but I shall miss the old bus) so when one did the figures and calcs etc it seemed an okay buy. Despite the 'shortage' of Yeti,s they nearly matched the Carquake price and threw a spare wheel in (which I believe is an extra?) They wil no doubt make their profit on me 08 Superb.

I hope the Yeti will be able to deal with the multitude of speed humps and pot holes better than the Superb did. I had the tyres done a couple of weeks ago and both the front alloys were distorted on the inner rim...

* it is a steel grey one so the Krystal lines in the pattern do match the body colour... :rofl:

Hi,

think the SE Plus is a good spec myself, despite some not liking the upholstery :) All UK Yeti's as far as I'm aware have the no smokers pack as standard (no ash trays fitted or lighter; power socket only).

The Columbus has a number of additional features over the Amundsen, such as DVD and Voice control, see the owners manuals

Amundsen

Columbus

Regards,

TP

Thanks TP for the useful reply and whilst I appreciate that a no smoking pack is standard on most models they all seem to have a smokers option except the SE Plus which I just found strange but not a deal breaker!

Seat trim looked ok to me but didn't look too closely, just sat in it and found it very comfortable and a breeze to get in and out of,which in my current condition is important to me.

I am looking at the Yeti SE plus 1.8 TSI 152PS 4x4 speced up comes out at £21,245

The Yeti SE 1.8 TSI 160PS 4x4 to the similar spec comes out at £22,865

No Brainer unless I am missing something glaringly obvious!

Thanks again

GeoffL

Hi,

Amundsen

Columbus

Regards,

TP

Hi TP, Thanks for the sat nav links.One link I am looking for is the oft mentioned one re James at Allams and his posting of extensive photos. Particularly interested in the Kristal trim as I didn't notice anything wrong with it but I'm not one who goes for looks unless really plug ugly.

Hi Geoff,

think this is the link your after SE Plus

Note this example at Allams has the silver/grey door cards and lower dash. I believe this to be a build error as this trim combination is normally only available in Europe. Neither the Skoda UK brochure or 'build your own' site make no mention of it as standard or an option (mind SUK are renowned for miss information). All other SE Plus I've seen so far have the standard UK 'black on black'.

For example; SUK approved used

Regards,

TP

Hi Geoff,

Note this example at Allams has the silver/grey door cards and lower dash. I believe this to be a build error as this trim combination is normally only available in Europe. Neither the Skoda UK brochure or 'build your own' site make no mention of it as standard or an option (mind SUK are renowned for miss information). All other SE Plus I've seen so far have the standard UK 'black on black'.

Regards,

TP

Hi Geoff,

Regards,

TP

Thanks again TP just what I needed.Personally I'm neutral about the looks of Kristal seats it's the comfort that counts!

GeoffL - When you pick up your car could you take some internal shots and post them? It would be interesting to see another picture of the seats. It may be that the light was unflattering when James took his pictures.

Pleasure, but not ordered yet,need to sort finance (coming from a house sale or rental ) and if I am entitled to Motability

Cheers

GeoffL

(getting impatient already,went to see one on Saturday and the last thing my wife said was "Don't buy it today" as if!!!! :giggle: