how do people find space in there fabia front and back

Unfortunately I think you should have tried your buggy before you ordered a hatchback. Its the one thing that doesnt fit in the MK2 boot. It just about about fit in the Mk 1 but the Mk2 is that little bit narrower.

One reason that my son will not consider another Fabia.

No chance with a pram I'm afraid.

Edited by xman

That's why I ordered the Estate, no kids yet, have a dog and the boot is cavernous. Funny enough it has more space than a 3 Series Toruing, seats up or down! :)

Space wise in the front/back seats is plentiful. Never had any complaints for lack of room and i'm 6' 2''

I think you'd struggle with a pram pal. The boot in the hatch is big considering but I think you'd probably be better with the estate. How about a Roomster!!!! Great little car you can fit a small horse in back. Same specs etc as Fabia

I like the estate.

In fact, I've grown a fetish for estates. I'd love an Octavia Estate next, possibly the 1.8TSI as it is not much slower than a vRS...

In fact... If I win the lottery tonight, I'm going to order me a 3.6 V6 Superb Estate :D

would be helpful

No chance with a pram as the others said.

Getting yourself a new stroller that fits is your best plan of action.

We used to have a Seat Arosa with the smallest boot known to man ! We found a stroller that folded up much shorter than others and used it until it fell apart after years of abuse. It was made by Bebecar that had a sliding framework when folded in half making it much, much shorter. A lot more money that your average stroller, but needs must if you want the right car.

My guess is that it will depend on the lenght of the pram. I've got a MK II hatchback and we bought a Babystyle Oyster (http://www.babystyle.co.uk/Oyster.html) which fits just fine. Since the wheels come of in four clicks it is possible to get the base unit behind the passenger seat (in the footwell) and still put the Maxi-Cosi on the rear seat.

However, if I were to buy another car now that we've got the child...it would probably be an estate. Life would just be easier - but the hatchback isn't so bad we've felt the need to buy a new car.

I can just about get our micro lite buggy across the boot with the handles in the recess on the left hand side. However it blocks up most of the space with a bit behind and in front for bits and pieces. The hatch is not a great car for prams and buggies unfortunately. I did not bother to check when i bought the car and was surprised that the buggy only just squeezed in.

I don't find it too bad, but then I had a Fiat 500 prior to the Fabia which competes with the Mini and Seat Arosa for the honour of worlds smallest boot :rofl:

I have two boys aged 2 and 4, and they fit in the back quite comfortably in their child seats (Recaro young sport, which is a fairly bulky seat).

Our Maclaren Quest stroller only just fits diagonally in the boot and I think its about 104cm in length when folded. However, it does still leave a fair amount of room for other bits & bobs. See linked photo if I've done it right? Sorry if it's a bit dark, but I've just nipped out to take the photo and the sun's gone in for the night :(

As others have stated though, you would be better off with the Fabia estste as a family car (although I don't believe they make a Monte estate). We're fortunate enough to also own an Octavia hatch which we use as the main family car, but the Fabia seems to cope well with occasional family use.

My link

Gotta say the boot on the hatch is ok by most small car standards...but my estate went in for a service the other day and we were given the hatch as a courtesy car. Our weekly shop only just managed to fit in the boot of the hatch. Quite surprised us how small it is compared to the estate. Even worse...it had one of these new modern fangled petrol engine thingy's that didn't make any noise!!!...and it had 4 cylinders. They'll never catch on! :giggle:

i will try the stroller ive got at the moment if its too small will have to buy a more compact stroller theres only 3 of us so the hatch should be fine, would of looked at the the vrs estate love them i need a diesel as i do lots of miles so its not practicle, cant beleve the mk1 fabia is wider ,cars get smaller with age , my mk4 golf is near enough the same size of my fabia

Got a Jane three-wheler and that fits but need to take the wheels off and fold the handle. (Quite easy). Have the same problem in my Yaris and my daughters Clio so not any real size issue with the boot!