List of After Sales Addon's

Yes, you can take the big MPH display and get the KMH back without any more VCDS tweaks.

And yes, if you open a door it'll unlock for you, and you don't have to open the door twice so to speak.

The number of times people have tried to rip my door handles off in order to get out of the car was unbelievable in the past.....

"tear drop" ?

Does the hazards on emergency stop allow you vary the inertia / bracking force?

They had that feature on the Abarth 500 which I was considering some time back and owners on the Arbathisti forums were finding it way to sensitive and embarassing. :D

Gore, could you possibly post up a screen print of where you go to change the localisation in VCDS and a step by step guide as a friend might be able to lend me their copy so I can get the large MPH on the Maxi Dot?

A quick search would of found the following that I posted for another member:

BEFORE YOU DO ANY CHANGES DO A FULL SCAN OF THE CAR AND SAVE THE SCAN, I CANNOT STRESS HOW IMPORTANT THIS STAGE IS!!

To set the country to Australia:

To change the country go to 17- Instruments and click on "Coding - 07"

17-Instruments.png

Then click on "Long Coding Helper"

17coding.jpg

Finally under Bit 4 select "70 Country: Australia (AUS)"

Longcoding-Australia.jpg

Exit this screen and you will return to the previous screen (with the current & new coding displayed) you see that the long coding has changed, click on "Do it!" all will then be saved.

Once you have made the changes with VCDS you then need to go into the maxi-dot menu:

SETTINGS

Units,

"Consu/distance" change this back to mpg (GB), mi (as it defaults to 1/100km, km),

then

SETTINGS

"MFD data" and make sure the box for Digit.speed is ticked

You can also remove the KPH display and replace it with the outside temperature:

SETTINGS

and unticked the "ALT.speed dis." box (this will remove the KPH speed and replace it with the outside temp display)

For the staging go to:

17 - Instruments

Adaptation - 10

You will then find the 'staging' in the drop down box.

If whoever is doing the changes looks a bit worried about any of the above then I suggest you do not let them touch the car! VCDS is perfectly safe in the right hands, but someone who hasn't a clue can screw a lot of things up!.

You also need to make sure that the interface is a genuine Ross-Tech one as an eBay cable will not work on your car.

I went to see my dealer yesterday to cross the t's and dot the i's and mentioned to him about the anti hijack function, not a problem he says, so pushing my luck I asked about setting the car for Australia, he told me he'll see what he could do, so fingers crossed the dealership may change this for me. Must admit the dealership is pretty helpful, they've let me also sort my own valeter and it'll only be him prepping it, so paintwork should be pretty tiptop from the start !