Pole carrier

prodata

I need to carry a 10-foot long pole (eg like a TV aerial mast, but just the mast/pole) on my Yeti from time to time. Any ideas on how to do this cheaply but safely please? (No sunroof!!!) There's minimal weight to an alloy pole but it's only an occasional requirement so need to be able to demount eg any new roof bars and bits quickly & easily.

For example, I'm wondering whether there are any type of brackets that would fit to just one of the standard built-in roof bars, but which could grip a pole firmly?

You could wrap a little hard-ish foam-like pipe insulation-around the roof rail and zip-tie the pole to the rail. On arrival you just use side cut pliers to snip it off.

Tool kit tips:#1.

"if it moves and shouldn't zip ties/gaffer tape if it should move but won't WD 40"

You could wrap a little hard-ish foam-like pipe insulation-around the roof rail and zip-tie the pole to the rail. On arrival you just use side cut pliers to snip it off.

Tool kit tips:#1.

"if it moves and shouldn't zip ties/gaffer tape if it should move but won't WD 40"

Good idea, I agree.

Cheap and practical.

DIY tip #1a... If it won't move, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

DIY tip #1... If it won't move, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Close, but surely it is #1a? #1 is "Don't force it,use a bigger hammer"

Close, but surely it is #1a? #1 is "Don't force it,use a bigger hammer"

I stand corrected. Edited

:rofl:

Where in the county are you?

I'm St Albans based.

I visited Hemel Hempstead on Friday, not far from you emoticon-0143-smirk.gif

I was at a family wedding in Berkhamsted, nice place emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

I'm St Albans based.

I visited Hemel Hempstead on Friday, not far from you emoticon-0143-smirk.gif

I was at a family wedding in Berkhamsted, nice place emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

i live in Hemel and work in St Albans.

i was also in berkhamstead but on saturday.

were either of you one of these?....

Saw a muscovado 4x4 elegance yesterday (8/7/11) on the A414 near St Albans and a amazon green one today (9/7/11) on the A41 Hemel Hempstead. Cheery waves exchanged with both.

I need to carry a 10-foot long pole (eg like a TV aerial mast, but just the mast/pole) on my Yeti from time to time. Any ideas on how to do this cheaply but safely please? (No sunroof!!!) There's minimal weight to an alloy pole but it's only an occasional requirement so need to be able to demount eg any new roof bars and bits quickly & easily.

For example, I'm wondering whether there are any type of brackets that would fit to just one of the standard built-in roof bars, but which could grip a pole firmly?

So i'm the only one that thought this was some sort of new sport?

Yeti Jousting..

Pity the motorcyclist that cuts you up :giggle:

i live in Hemel and work in St Albans.

i was also in berkhamstead but on saturday.

were either of you one of these?....

Saw a muscovado 4x4 elegance yesterday (8/7/11) on the A414 near St Albans and a amazon green one today (9/7/11) on the A41 Hemel Hempstead. Cheery waves exchanged with both.

The wedding was in Berkhamsted!!!!!!!!! WOW........we were in the SAME town the SAME day emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

The reception was at the bowling green under the viaduct emoticon-0105-wink.gif

My stepsister is a teacher at the private school down Castle Street, we were there from 1.30pm until about 4pm.

It depends on the thickness of the pole but I used to carry windsurfing masts on my roof. The likes of Thule do dedicated fittings for that with quick release for the pole. You would of course need to buy the bars as well.

The wedding was in Berkhamsted!!!!!!!!! WOW........we were in the SAME town the SAME day emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

The reception was at the bowling green under the viaduct emoticon-0105-wink.gif

My stepsister is a teacher at the private school down Castle Street, we were there from 1.30pm until about 4pm.

And we still didn't see each other!

Just proves how difficult this yeti spotting really is!

My wife used to work at the same school but their site in kings road!

I'm St Albans based.

Just a small thread hijack at this point. Whilst walking our dog the other evening I spied a "JCP" marked Yeti on a driveway. I think we must live about 300yds apart, maybe there should be a "closest Yeti-owning-Briskoda-members in the country" thread...?

S_M

Just a small thread hijack at this point. Whilst walking our dog the other evening I spied a "JCP" marked Yeti on a driveway. I think we must live about 300yds apart, maybe there should be a "closest Yeti-owning-Briskoda-members in the country" thread...?

S_M

That will have been mine!

John