Hazards Lights operating when locked and parked ?

Hi All,

Am on a break staying at a hotel near the coast. Parked and locked the car and checked in. About 30 mins later get a call from reception to say my hazard lights were operating. Then during the call she said, that they had now stopped. During the next couple of day they have come on a number of times for no apparent reason.

Any ideas, why my hazard lights should come on when parked and locked. All Doors and windows are closed, boot closed, wing mirrors automatically folded in.

Would there be an underlying reason?

Many thanks, RoystonB

I may well had this issue on my FL VRS as well but dismissed it. A month or so ago my car was parked up when the mate I was meeting came to me and said my hazard lights were on. Went back to the car but no hazard lights so assumed my mate either confused my car with another or just did not see it right. Maybe he was right after all although I have not seen or heard of it happening again, I will keep my eyes out.

I've has this happen twice, once when it was blowing a gale and the second when it was lashing down with rain and hail and I put it down to an oversensitive alarm however, having not heard the alarm on either ocassion perhaps I should take a trip to the dealers.

Have only had this once when a roller sun blind I had on a rear window came unstuck at the bottom and started swinging gently, setting off the interior sensors, no audible alarm sounded though.

There's definitely nothing in the cab that could've moved around?

You might just need the sensitivity on the interior sensors reducing slightly.

My alarm also goes off occasionally with the hazard lights showing but no actual alarm noise, VCDS is showing a fault in the alarm sound system but I haven't looked into getting it fixed as I don't think it's actually much use.

John

Like others that I've read about I have had to expel the odd pesky fly a time or two so that was another thought re: why my lights were flashing.