OEM Skoda Lowering Springs

Hmmm, now you're asking. Don't really pay much attention to the Combis usually!

Would have to say I'd expect those to be black as well. Eibach std colour really. Well I've certainly never seen a Pro-Kit set in anything other than that style of black.

Hmmm, now you're asking. Don't really pay much attention to the Combis usually!

Would have to say I'd expect those to be black as well. Eibach std colour really. Well I've certainly never seen a Pro-Kit set in anything other than that style of black.

That's what I thought. Just speaking to a fellow Brisky member yesterday who has brought the lowering springs from Skoda for his upcoming Combi but they are red? I thought only Sportlines were red?

Checked again Moley and the combi springs are defo red....you were right...it has the Eibach name printed on them. Also has a "RSD ED-237-06 Rear Est" marked on the spring I am looking at.

So what's the difference between Sportline and Pro? from the Eibach website it appears that the Sportline are lower...geez, wondering what I have done here!

Edited by Falkster

Sportlines are a 40/50mm drop against a drop of 20/25mm from a Pro Kit spring kit.

What confuses me is that Skoda have supplied this as an official part whereas they should have supplied the Pro Kit springs in a Skoda box.

You'll be riding lower than Napoleon banging a dwarf...

They should look like this:-

http://www.accessories.skoda.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?p_no=ZGB1Z3071677

Edited by Moley RUFC

It's the same part number and all the details bar the colour seem correct...I'm confused now! Maybe I need to PM Rob.E and ask him what colour his Eibachs were before he changed them. I don't want to run that low!

It's the same part number and all the details bar the colour seem correct...I'm confused now! Maybe I need to PM Rob.E and ask him what colour his Eibachs were before he changed them. I don't want to run that low!

Good idea, that would sort it

That's what I thought. Just speaking to a fellow Brisky member yesterday who has brought the lowering springs from Skoda for his upcoming Combi but they are red? I thought only Sportlines were red?

I ordered the lowering springs (part no. ZGB1Z3071677) for my estate through my dealer for fitment prior to collection and the springs are red.

Sarge.

The front springs have "Eibach T/P RSD ED - 4075 - 06 Front" printed on them.

The rears have "Eibach 15/07 RSD ED - 4237 - 06 Rear Est".

Both are red in colour.

I have got jpegs but not sure how to load them. I would be interested to know what Eibach model they are. Cheers.

TFFT Sarge...Moley reckons they could be Sportline and therefore give a lower drop than Pro Kit. What drop do you reckon you have? Any pics? Cheers

The drop is certainly noticable but I'm not sure just what it is - I've always just assumed it was 20mm, as per Skoda's advert for them. Somewhere I think I do have a picture which shows the difference between my ride height and my brother's (stock springs). I'll try and find it. Problem is there doesn't seem to be a nice easy way of inserting a picture into the post. I'll see what I can do.

Sarge.

The drop is certainly noticable but I'm not sure just what it is - I've always just assumed it was 20mm, as per Skoda's advert for them. Somewhere I think I do have a picture which shows the difference between my ride height and my brother's (stock springs). I'll try and find it. Problem is there doesn't seem to be a nice easy way of inserting a picture into the post. I'll see what I can do.

Sarge.

You need to either host it online in Flickr or similar and embed them in your post from there, or if you join Freedom membership you'll get the ability to upload images directly to your posts.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bring an old thread up but does anyone have the Hatchback part number for these Eibach springs? Cant find it anywhere and i need it for a legal matter.

much appreciated

Graham

Those codes are correct. The springs became obselete in late 2010 I think. Hope you haven't had an issue.

Apparently Skoda cant realign my headlights with them fitted lol as it has been i qoute "lowered from manufacturers spec"

is there a difference (physically, spring rates etc etc) between the hatch & estate springs. i.e. can i fix springs designed for a combi, into my hatch.

i've got the following part numbers for the eibach pro-kit:-

estate version:- E10-79-004-04-22

hatch version:- E10-79-004-02-22

i know of someone here who is looking at selling theirs - but its for a combi.

springs r black in color - which contradicts with a lot of statements made here, saying they're red.

anyways, pics attached of the "eibach prokit for combi (1z)"

0ec80422-88ce-563b.jpg

0ec80422-88de-93ca.jpg

0ec80422-88f0-53f2.jpg