Decat?

Hey lads I'm looking to pick up a decatur/downpipe. Wondering has anyone used this one

http://www.xpsperformance.co.uk/skoda-octavia-vrs-exhaust-decat-de-cat-downpipe-resonated-p-303.html

I'm gonna be using it with the standard backbox so will this make much noise difference? Pops? And also will this throw up any faults on the dash? Or can anyone else recommend me one?

Cheers

Mark

Think there's A place on that for the sensor

It'll still throw a light up on the dash hence why you have to have it mapped out. It'll be a bit louder and use more fuel.

I don't see the point if your not fitting a performance system?. You won't see any major gains.

I have the exact same one on my octavia combined with a resonated jetex cat back system. Its been fine for the last 6 months.

Better response, deep howl on full throttle but nothing tinny or chavvy.

If you do get one, you will need to bend your steering rack heat shield (5 minute job). Have a browse at my previous thread on here somewhere.

Hey lads I'm looking to pick up a decatur/downpipe. Wondering has anyone used this one

http://www.xpsperformance.co.uk/skoda-octavia-vrs-exhaust-decat-de-cat-downpipe-resonated-p-303.html

I'm gonna be using it with the standard backbox so will this make much noise difference? Pops? And also will this throw up any faults on the dash? Or can anyone else recommend me one?

Cheers

Mark

That decat is a std decat found on most sites and ebay. The one for the Golf GTI is the same. You can get them for around £100. They make good gains with a full performance exhaust system and help turbo spool up because they are less restrictive than the std downpipe/cat.

You really need to use these with a better system than std to get full benefit. Noise level are louder than std downpipe/cat but not intrusive at all. Most folks don't get the ECU fault light and even if you do, you can get a adapter to mount O2 sensor in a better position.

Obviously the decat will fail MOT but i guess you know that unless you have friendly MOT garage.

And is this just a direct fit bowders? I think I watch a vid of yours on YouTube? I'm not too worried bout nct (mot) as it's not due for another 12 months so I'll get my cat refitted before then

And is this just a direct fit bowders?

If you do get one, you will need to bend your steering rack heat shield (5 minute job). Have a browse at my previous thread on here somewhere.

Edited by Liam-6

same downpipe as I have, although I cut the resonator out and replaced with a sports Cat. The outlet is 2.5" diameter so will be too large to fit the 2" standard system directly. IIRC mine came with a stepped adapter piece that could have been used for matching. I have a milltek 2.5" system at the same time so straight sleeve is all I needed. You may also find the front lambda sensor cable exit sits very close to the subframe as the engine moves under acceleration. If you haven't already I would reccomend an uprated dogbone engine-steady bush to stop the downpipe whacking the top of the rack with excess engine movement allowed by the standard bush.

same downpipe as I have, although I cut the resonator out and replaced with a sports Cat. The outlet is 2.5" diameter so will be too large to fit the 2" standard system directly. IIRC mine came with a stepped adapter piece that could have been used for matching. I have a milltek 2.5" system at the same time so straight sleeve is all I needed. You may also find the front lambda sensor cable exit sits very close to the subframe as the engine moves under acceleration. If you haven't already I would reccomend an uprated dogbone engine-steady bush to stop the downpipe whacking the top of the rack with excess engine movement allowed by the standard bush.

+1

Exactly the same set up as mine although mine didn't have a resonator in it. I got a sports cat put into it also a de cat section so I can swap them at Mot time :giggle:

And is this just a direct fit bowders? I think I watch a vid of yours on YouTube? I'm not too worried bout nct (mot) as it's not due for another 12 months so I'll get my cat refitted before then

As mentioned it is not a direct fit as is larger diameter than std exhaust. But the downpipe does come with a reducer pipe that will allow fitment to your std system. You will need to cut you std system as they are one piece up to cat which fixes differently, but the reducer should take care of that.

There is a vid of my car with a piper cat back fitted, when i removed the decat and fitted back on my blueflame sports cat for MOT. Will get another decat soon.

This is my vid.