Rear tyre wear

Anyone had problems with rapid wear to outer edges of rear tyres on a Fabia VRS have bridgestone tyres front and rear, any help appreciated thanks

Rear camber is non adjustable, so check if car has been jacked up on the rear axle beam, if it has, the rear axle beam will most likely be bent. If it's OK, check rear axle beam main bushes for wear, and consider a 4 wheel alignment check, as the rears can scrub if the front wheels are not aligned correctly.

Never had wear as you have stated.

My last rear tyres 'Continental Contact 2' lasted for 40,000 miles, and replaced after MOT fella said they were perishing and had 3mm of tread left.

Cheapie tyres now fitted on rear and still has even tyre/ tread wear.

I ensure tyre pressures at 34-36psi all round and check weekly when ice and snow around, as it effects tyre pressures.

When tyre pressure set at 30psi front tyres tend to wear on inner & outside edges more, so raised tyre pressures to 34/ 36 psi to give more even tyre wear, which works.emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Just adding front tyres usually last about 15,000 miles before need replacing.

Have tried brand and non-brand names, no real difference in either.

could also be a sign that the car is being thrown into corners excessively and often?

ooops, just noticed that you said rear only. There goes my boyracer theory :smirk:

Edited by garnier81

Thanks for the info keep an eye on tyre pressures and usually around 34psi but will check again and buy a better gauge. I have a few days off so will check over the car. I have owned the car for 10 months now (its an 07 SE 70k miles) and I put new tyres on the front and put the fronts on the back, they were in good condition but now looking poor on the outer edge but plenty of life on the inside.

I have never jacked the car on the centre of the beam, hope thats not been done as it sounds an expensive job. as for the bushes how do you test/check them? am handy with a set of spanners (changed the belt and pump at 60K)

I cover around 300 miles a week much on the motorway, have some fun in it thats why I bought it :) but dont drive it like a loon.