Quick detailer

chrispyvrs

Im out of my meguires quick detailer, so just wondering if there are any alternatives? Ive heard just using water for a lubricant for claying will do.

If not i may purchase a new kit anyway, to get 2 new bars of clay etc.

Cheers

Bilt Hamber clay only needs water as a lube, I use Megs clay bars and normally use a weak shampoo/water mix or Autosmart Reglaze as a lube

DoDo Juice Born Slippy gets my vote. Awesome clay lube and if you get the concentrate version then it works out very economical. And like most DoDo Juice stuff it smells great. :thumbup:

I think ill be purchasing a bottle of the dodo juice stuff then

In regards to clay seems like meguires one is on its last legs. Seems very dirty and used etc.

What are good alternatives to this? Was looking at getting some when i order the dodo juice stuff

I think ill be purchasing a bottle of the dodo juice stuff then

In regards to clay seems like meguires one is on its last legs. Seems very dirty and used etc.

What are good alternatives to this? Was looking at getting some when i order the dodo juice stuff

Just go for Bilt Hamber then you won't need the born slippy. :thumbup:

For my paintwork I always use a fresh piece of clay (split into 2-3 pieces). If the clay is not too knackered by the time I've done the whole of the bodywork then I keep it and use it on my wheels on another day (claying, cleaning, poilishing and sealing the paint takes me the best part of a day so I do the wheels another time). I don't tend to re-use the same piece of clay on paintwork as I'd be worried about any old contaminants on the clay marring the paint.

I've never used Bilt Hamber so can't comment on that. I have used the Clay Magic starter kit; the Sonus ultra fine clay, and the last time I tried some the CYC fine poly clay (in the little metal tin). I think I preferred the CYC one best and its quite cheap too :thumbup:

Edited by O.B-B

I would be cautious when claying and not using a lube as you can easily induce marring into the paint, not a problem if your machining it after claying but if your not it's easy to induce these marks.

As stated BH can survive with just water but others require a lube, Megs Last Touch or Dodo Juice Born to be Slippy are the most commonly used ;)

I would be cautious when claying and not using a lube as you can easily induce marring into the paint, not a problem if your machining it after claying but if your not it's easy to induce these marks.

As stated BH can survive with just water but others require a lube, Megs Last Touch or Dodo Juice Born to be Slippy are the most commonly used ;)

Roger that, I used another clay previously (can't remember which) and run out of quk detailer so stupidly used water, marred the life out of the bonnet, however when I added a bit of car shampoo it worked well. :thumbup:

On a related matter which clay bars would you recommend?

I have only ever had experiance of the megs kit and as i have ran out i thought i would try something new. I have been sold on the dodo juice for lube especially as the concentrate works out well in terms of value for money.

On a related matter which clay bars would you recommend?

I have only ever had experiance of the megs kit and as i have ran out i thought i would try something new. I have been sold on the dodo juice for lube especially as the concentrate works out well in terms of value for money.

Have a look at the types of clay the traders offer as they are normally cheaper and you will get more, I personally use a lot of Elite Fine Yellow Poly Clay from Elite Car Care........ :thumbup:

Sorry to slightly take this away off topic but how does the Maxolen product range rate in comparison to others brands? What are the polishes like, can you suggest another brand that they may compare too?

Sorry to slightly take this away off topic but how does the Maxolen product range rate in comparison to others brands? What are the polishes like, can you suggest another brand that they may compare too?

They are quite the dark horse of the product world as weve found..

The products that have been flying off our shelves are the glass cleaner, leather cream cleaner and the tar remover. I wouldnt compare them to anyone really, i would just say they are just as good as any other brand.

Emma :)

They are quite the dark horse of the product world as weve found..

The products that have been flying off our shelves are the glass cleaner, leather cream cleaner and the tar remover. I wouldnt compare them to anyone really, i would just say they are just as good as any other brand.

Emma :)

Thanks for the information..... :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I've just bought the Meg's Last Touch with a spray bottle. Seems to work out cheaper than buying to smaller bottles and gives good results too.

This was the cheapest site I found it on.

http://www.enthumo.co.uk/products/Meguiars-Last-Touch-Spray-Detailer.html

:)

Edited by wilsonian