Skoda Yeti Experience Panoramic/Sunroof

ATOL1327

Help has anyone out there had a problem with the Panoramic/Sunroof making noise

Told by my Skoda dealer that there is nothing to be done, if anyone can help let me know

Just makes a very quiet gentle mechanical whirr as it opens and closes

If you have the roof fully open rather than in the comfort position there is an increase in wind noise. However it is certainly comfortable to cruise at motorway speeds in the comfort position.

Depends I suppose on your sensitivity to the sound of rushing air at 70 mph.

Told by my Skoda dealer that there is nothing to be done, if anyone can help let me know

Do you mean a mechanical noise during it's operation or wind related noise when in the open position?

I have to say that there is a fair bit of wind noise (whistle) even when the lid is in 'tilt' position

HOWEVER - it's no worse than any other car I have had with a sunroof.

The noise is really only a problem when doing speeds of 55 ish or above and then I close the roof to keep fuel costs down

I am never aware of any excessive noise when pootling along the back roads listening to the bird song

There should be no mechanical noise

Just makes a very quiet gentle mechanical whirr as it opens and closes

If you have the roof fully open rather than in the comfort position there is an increase in wind noise. However it is certainly comfortable to cruise at motorway speeds in the comfort position.

Depends I suppose on your sensitivity to the sound of rushing air at 70 mph.

ATOL1327---

This may well be mechanical but does not make noise when opening or closing in fact it only makes a knocking sound when closed,

if opened even to comfort position there is no noise, ~I guess I will have to bug my dealer until I get a result.

Edited by ATOL1327

It is more a creaking sound nothing to do with wind noise

have had other SUVs with sunroofs but never had this problem

Nope. No such problems with mine and it gets used daily pretty much. :)

Mine did it last summer - started for no apparent reason, no ambient temperature change or anything. It was adjusted by Allams at the next service and the noise hasn't reoccurred. Not sure what was adjusted.

Options are to get your dealer to speak to someone who knows what they're doing (like Allams) or have a short holiday in Epson whilst Allams fix it for you... ;)

• 1 year later...

It is more a creaking sound nothing to do with wind noise

have had other SUVs with sunroofs but never had this problem

On my last yeti the sunroof made a creaking noise above the passenger side.

dealer sorted it under warranty with lubrication to the seals and drive mechanism.

problem solved!

Had this problem with the panoramic roof for 2 yrs

Reason the roof was making noise was when fitted at the Factory

it was fitted incorrectly, for technical details contact my dealer who

got this problem fixed you will get all details from .Try Brigid at the

email address below best service manager I have met would not

have got the roof fixed without her

ATOL1327

Instead of the forum inundating a dealer with emails and enquiries, which I'm sure they will not thank you for, would it not be better, and easier, if you gave us the explanation?

Had this problem with the panoramic roof for 2 yrs

Reason the roof was making noise was when fitted at the Factory

it was fitted incorrectly, for technical details contact my dealer who

got this problem fixed you will get all details from .Try Brigid at the

ATOL1327

Very cryptic, but what are you trying to say?

Graham, I agree 100% with you that a statement of the cause of the problem would be ideal however maybe it may be a technical problem that was not articulated well in everyday terms to be understood. Certainly dealers and technicians have a knack of talking gabblespeak that can leave many oblivious as to underlying problems and fixes either by accident or design.

If I understand correctly ATOL1327 has provided contact information for the cause/fix (although I do not have this issue I cannot confirm):

"Try Brigid at the

[email protected]

[email protected]"

Edited by Hairball

And as a few of us have said, emailing a dealer (not in the UK) for an explanation is both unfair and unwise. ATOL would be much better advised to actually tell us himself what was done.

• Like 1

And as a few of us have said, emailing a dealer (not in the UK) for an explanation is both unfair and unwise. ATOL would be much better advised to actually tell us himself what was done.

If he knows and can express it I'd agree. The fact his dealer could diagnose and fix it does not mean she described it in a clear way or that he has successfully committed it to memory.

• Like 2

If he knows and can express it I'd agree. The fact his dealer could diagnose and fix it does not mean she described it in a clear way or that he has successfully committed it to memory.

Fine, then he should say that, but to just give us a persons name at a dealership is wrong.

I'm sure the lady in question has much better things to do than answer questions from "strangers", mostly in another place.

You are all correct I should not have put up Dealers Mail Address and you are also correct in saying it was a technical problem.

As far as I know the panoramic/sunroof had to be lifted or dropped approx 1/8th inch which has fixed the problem. I also believe that Skoda would have shared all information with all of its Dealers.

I would we unable to give you any technical details as I would not have understood them as was pointed out by Llanigraham,,

however I should point out that Skoda Ireland sent a technician from Dublin to solve this problem, Please allow me to apologize for not being able to give further information

ATOL1327