VRS Depreciation

ive just got back in a skoda after having an alfa brera and mito cloverleaf, the brera i bought at exactly one year old saved me more than £12,000 on the new price, it had only done 3000 miles, the cloverleaf lost 33% in one year. just got a 60 plate petrol vrs for what i think a very resonable price, you buy new a take a massive loss whatever you buy

I just thought the dealer would have tried a little harder to get a deal to swap a diesel vrs well specked up for a normal 1.8 tsi superb

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbdown:

to be honest I dont remember what I payed exactly but I remember having a go about you only get vat of the basic price, not off any extras which i think mine was about 2 or 2 and a half thousands pounds worth or the delivery charge

but If you take your car in for a p/x say in 6 years time surley they carnt say yours is worth less because you saved a bit

You did get VAT off the extras when the deal was on.

Also Drive the Deal don't seem to do Skoda anymore :'(

You only paid that price? must be military overseas or something like that?

If you put it down as a company pool car then you get vat back and everything pay for by your company( helps if you own the company :giggle: )

I picked up my new car up a cpl of weeks ago and the dealer (Marlborough) told me they don't deal with DtD anymore, and he went further to say Skoda don't, apparently with the large waiting lists why be so cut-throat about prices.

I was told when I collected my new vrs the dealers had been told by skoda uk to stop dealing with drive the deal. I think it was to do with some dealers putting them through as fleet cars for bigger discounts.

Fleet discount is common practise though amongst most dealers and it's how a regular dealer gets a car ata good discount - my mate just did this with Nissan.

tbh the guy above that guy offered 15.5k p/x got offered a really good price (whether he realises it or not). You can't expect the dealer to fork out 20k for a car that's taken a big hit driving off the forecourt that they then need to prep for sale and resell.

If you buy new you buy knowing you will lose a lot of money but hopefully it will level out. The VAT free thing was a good thing and cancelled out a lot of the early depreciation. I'll only be buying used now, I bought my VRS from a dealer when it was 4 years old. Dealer serviced it, cambelt change, new tyres, MOT, 12 months skoda warranty and was £7.5k (approx 35% of the new price). Now at that price it can only lose so much, probably £2.5k total by the time I come to sell it. While that 2.5k might actually be 30% off the price that I paid, in monetary terms that nothing for a few years motoring.

Depreciation FTW!!! :giggle:

Fleet discount is common practise though amongst most dealers and it's how a regular dealer gets a car ata good discount - my mate just did this with Nissan.

tbh the guy above that guy offered 15.5k p/x got offered a really good price (whether he realises it or not). You can't expect the dealer to fork out 20k for a car that's taken a big hit driving off the forecourt that they then need to prep for sale and resell.

If you buy new you buy knowing you will lose a lot of money but hopefully it will level out. The VAT free thing was a good thing and cancelled out a lot of the early depreciation. I'll only be buying used now, I bought my VRS from a dealer when it was 4 years old. Dealer serviced it, cambelt change, new tyres, MOT, 12 months skoda warranty and was £7.5k (approx 35% of the new price). Now at that price it can only lose so much, probably £2.5k total by the time I come to sell it. While that 2.5k might actually be 30% off the price that I paid, in monetary terms that nothing for a few years motoring.

Depreciation FTW!!! :giggle:

try and find a vrs estate with xenons and dsg and diesel there aint none and with 2500 miles even to msake £2,000 there isnt one for £17,500

Edited by greatdane

I have been looking for a nearly new/used VRS CR DSG with a few options and can't find one. So I had a look (dream) at some C Classes. You can get 220's for about £20k but I saw on MB's site about six 9 month old (ex-MB mgers cars) C350 CDIs (sweet V6 diesel engines) for sale for about £24k. These are fully loaded with options and I think cost about £40k at list price. So tempted......

I picked up my new car up a cpl of weeks ago and the dealer (Marlborough) told me they don't deal with DtD anymore, and he went further to say Skoda don't, apparently with the large waiting lists why be so cut-throat about prices.

Oh right - doesn't surprise me to be honest with the popularity. Good news for residuals then :)

try and find a vrs estate with xenons and dsg and diesel there aint none and with 2500 miles even to msake £2,000 there isnt one for £17,500

Yes, but you want to trade (down?) and this puts the dealer in a good position, especially with wanting to trade a brand new car. There are several 2011 VRS' in both diesel and petrol for sale right now on the used skoda site inc. DSG models.

I don't know why ppl don't look on the skoda site more, it's how I found mine and there are often some very well priced used cars on there.

Yes, but you want to trade (down?) and this puts the dealer in a good position, especially with wanting to trade a brand new car. There are several 2011 VRS' in both diesel and petrol for sale right now on the used skoda site inc. DSG models.

I don't know why ppl don't look on the skoda site more, it's how I found mine and there are often some very well priced used cars on there.

If you search on the Skoda site for VRS CR DSG and click Parking Sensors, there are only 5 at about £20k within 100 miles of me (and I am in the south east so quite a few dealers). I don't think I can pay £20k for a used one with minimal options.

If you search on the Skoda site for VRS CR DSG and click Parking Sensors, there are only 5 at about £20k within 100 miles of me (and I am in the south east so quite a few dealers). I don't think I can pay £20k for a used one with minimal options.

Not considering i paid £18400 for mine new!

When I did the search last night there was a few for 17.5k, then a number around 18-18.5k.

Parking sensors are a dealer fit option and can be added to any car, no need to buy one with them on. Search for the main spec you want - hatch/estate, petrol/diesel, manual/DSG. There are a number to choose from! This is how I found my car, I then got in touch with that dealer and did a deal (and then got them to fit parking sensors at a reduced price).

When I did the search last night there was a few for 17.5k, then a number around 18-18.5k.

Parking sensors are a dealer fit option and can be added to any car, no need to buy one with them on. Search for the main spec you want - hatch/estate, petrol/diesel, manual/DSG. There are a number to choose from! This is how I found my car, I then got in touch with that dealer and did a deal (and then got them to fit parking sensors at a reduced price).

Are the dealer fit sensors the ones that display on Bolero/Columbus or "beep only" units?

Not sure tbh, my car only has the stream HU so my dealerfit only had the beep box.

They are the same sensors though and the thing is you are looking over your shoulder when reversing anyway - certainly wouldn't pay extra for HU integration, especially if the right car was available at the right price.

:thumbdown:

to be honest I dont remember what I payed exactly but I remember having a go about you only get vat of the basic price, not off any extras which i think mine was about 2 or 2 and a half thousands pounds worth or the delivery charge

but If you take your car in for a p/x say in 6 years time surley they carnt say yours is worth less because you saved a bit

If they're are discounted new people will buy new rather than nearly new and the used prices go down.

If they're are discounted new people will buy new rather than nearly new and the used prices go down.

[/quote

after a few e-mails got the car from £15,500 to £17,600 which is more like what I was after...BUT..................................

got the car sorted out yesterday at last so keeping it for now but i think next car will be a scout....petrol..manual

just shows the difference in skoda dealers up tp £2,100 pound and all for roughly same car but i suppose it depends how much they have in the other one

after a few e-mails got the car from £15,500 to £17,600 which is more like what I was after...BUT..................................

got the car sorted out yesterday at last so keeping it for now but i think next car will be a scout....petrol..manual

just shows the difference in skoda dealers up tp £2,100 pound and all for roughly same car but i suppose it depends how much they have in the other one

What was wrong with it in the end?

What was wrong with it in the end?

[/quote

had a long chat with the service manager he explained what the older 170 pd engine use to do and on the new cr to try and stop the filter getting blocked and to stop the limp home as well the sensors pick up the soot and put more fuel in to burn it off and the downside of this putting more fuel in is the "surging " i have had

to be fair he explained to me what my car was doing and what i felt better than me because he as the same car and his does it too so its just regenerating the filter.

I unfortunatly allowed my heart to rule my head when purchasing my VRS 12 months ago and opted for a petrol TSI model.

Had no intention of selling anytime soon if ever but since then life wise a few major things have happened and I need to sell. The only thing is despite having good equity in the car 12 months ago the depreciation is crippling (£1400 in one month) and there are no private buyers out there.

The moral, buy diesel ??

Have you had a chat to James at Allams, about a possible sale back into the Skoda network?

Could be worth an ask for a price....

Have you had a chat to James at Allams, about a possible sale back into the Skoda network?

Could be worth an ask for a price....

Late reply I know, a while ago I did get in touch with him via email but he had a few in stock might drop him a line, Thanks.

Are the dealer fit sensors the ones that display on Bolero/Columbus or "beep only" units?

Dealer fit parking sensors do NOT show on the head unit :(

I just took delivery of my second Octavia vRs in 16 months my advice in buy low sell high shop around for px as one dealer offers nothing then don't buy from him. I have been lucky my 1st Skoda car was on the vat free deal so was £17,500 my next with as many options as I could afford was £24500 on a 5% vat deal. Both cars are diesel and my px had 13k on the clock just run in some may say.

But had offers off websites of less than 12K and dealers of 13k so final price sold for £15900 by my reckoning with low rate finance to boot. On a cost of £100 depreciation per month I couldn't lease a small car for this.

I think if I run this for 3 years depreciation might be £14k so you makes your choices and you have to live with it.

I have done this a couple of times so far with similar depreciation so deals can be made.

I hope you enjoyed what ever car you've bought as no one enjoys loosing money but they are very good cars for the money

If you can get over the lack brand status there loss I say.

Mr C