R36 Vs V6

Can anyone tell me what is main difference for those engines ?

Just different Ecu Settings or any other like higher flow exhaust or any other difference ? And any idea about HP and torque gain after chipping V6 ?

And another question has any V6 owner chipped you car ??? Or made cat back exhaust ?

Just while you're on the subject of chipping - AMD said they can squeeze only about 12-15bhp from the V6 Superb engine. I guess you could gain a couple more with an air induction kit and freer-flowing exhaust...

The VW forums suggest that the 3.6l V6 in the Superb is a detuned version of the R36, taking it from 300bhp to 260bhp. This does beg the question as to how one might retune it back to 300bhp. Jabbasport have also hinted that a remap would only bring minimal gains, so how did they lose 40bhp?

The VW forums suggest that the 3.6l V6 in the Superb is a detuned version of the R36, taking it from 300bhp to 260bhp. This does beg the question as to how one might retune it back to 300bhp. Jabbasport have also hinted that a remap would only bring minimal gains, so how did they lose 40bhp?

From what i recall, the whole intake system is different...... though quite how that can lose 40bhp i dont know.

I would hazzard a guess that its VW underrating their engines again so that the R36 still looks like king.

You can turbo the 3.6 you know...... :giggle: