1.4TSI 1/4 mile leaderboard

vRSy

• 1 month later...

I managed to run a 14.7 @ 93mph, 0-60ft in 2.3 secs and 0-60 in 6.6 on York raceway earlier on in the summer. I was quite impressed considering my cars completely standard and they're supposed to run a 15.3 i think! :thumbup: 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I swear the CTHE in my new one puts out as much power as my old CAVE with a tuning box! (200bhp) would like to see some standard CTHE's on the RR!

engine in the updated polo GTI is suppised to be 190+ bhp....

Edited by sharkrider
  • Like 1

I swear the CTHE in my new one puts out as much power as my old CAVE with a tuning box! (200bhp) would like to see some standard CTHE's on the RR!

engine in the updated polo GTI is suppised to be 190+ bhp....

Maybe we should organise a rolling road meet? Then we can see the difference in the cave and cthe.. (If any)

• Like 2

this is my old CAVE with TMC box on 7 ... circa 200 bhp from 5k on.... which was cool , because when you change up at 7k it drops to 5k, so really 200bhp ALL THE TIME when on full throttle :)

img0837xr.jpg

Edited by sharkrider
  • Like 1

I will not be surprised if a Standard CTHE on 99 ron does not exceed the figure of 189 bhp that they are giving for Manual Polo GTI's from 2015

Is there still no news of anyone having had a CTHE ECU re-mapped?

Neither would I ! they never updated the CO2 output of the CTHE with skoda, like they did with seat either..... I did 50k in the CAVE , about 20k of that with the TMC box...... I can tell the difference, I'm sure the CTHE is as quick standard as the tuning box CAVE was... (198bhp as shown on the graph) Thats why all my mods on the CTHE so far has been chassis... when I'm breezing past impreza's and clio 197's on the track, I know I have enough straight line speed.....

havent seen a standard RR on the CTHE yet George! , maybe I'll have to make the effort and get mine on there! lol...

I havnt seen any figures but driven the CTHE Estate, Hatch,  Ibiza CTHE,  & old Polo and A1 185 PS.

& a few various vRS CAVE cars.

CTHE Estate was faster than the hatch, but the hatch was a bad one.

The CTHE Estate felt just like a 210 bhp Stage 1 CAVE.

• Like 1

I will not be surprised if a Standard CTHE on 99 ron does not exceed the figure of 189 bhp that they are giving for Manual Polo GTI's from 2015

Is there still no news of anyone having had a CTHE ECU re-mapped?

Im running Nitro plus atm with mine, they definitely have the straight line speed not really pushed it round a track yet but will see how it goes.. 

• Like 1

I havnt seen any figures but driven the CTHE Estate, Hatch,  Ibiza CTHE,  & old Polo and A1 185 PS.

& a few various vRS CAVE cars.

CTHE Estate was faster than the hatch, but the hatch was a bad one.

The CTHE Estate felt just like a 210 bhp Stage 1 CAVE.

interesting..... hhhmmm  :thumbup:

Im running Nitro plus atm with mine, they definitely have the straight line speed not really pushed it round a track yet but will see how it goes.. 

*cough H&R RARB, eibachs... ;)

oh and brakes.... I destroyed mine at oulton park after learning how to trail brake from an instructor...(you should have seen the techs face at skoda as he changed my destroyed (in 11k) standard pads for yellowstuff ones..) "what did you do to them?! " he said! lol...

• 3 months later...

OMG, yes hahah, pre-combe race fuel order, I like it George.

Sadly I don't see myself going for any drag strip action, it somehow feels mechanically not very sympathetic.

• 6 months later...

11.82s quarter mile.

Same time as my SV650S.

Think I need a bigger bike/boat.

(where is that MT09 leaflet)

Edited by lol-lol
  • Like 1