Heated windscreen?

HeffS

36 members have voted

1. 1. Cant decide if a heated windscreen is necessary

• A heated windscreen is the way forward!
    • A heated screen is nice but find it annoying you can see the heating grid!
    • I dont like taking part in polls!

Having taken a test drive in a Yeti with a heated screen I decided not to include it as an option on my order as I thought it was too noticable in strong light. Now I 'm thinking would it perhaps be a something I will get use to and a welcome addition on a diesel as they take longer to warm up! Thoughts much apprecited!

If the car is outside in winter, then yes its worth it. It will clear the frost while you are doing the rest of the car. The filaments are very fine (think spiders web) and I've only had a problem with reflections when the sun is low in the sky and the screen is dirty.

Andy

Thanks all, it is a big bunch of money to spend so need to get it right as it's not going to be easy to correct later. I could always leave with the standard wheels Rather then the annapuma wheels!

Kitten and I don't have a heated screen, and we have never had a vehicle with one, and as there is not a choice that suits our situation, have not voted and we also feel 'unqualified' to vote.

Sorry. emoticon-0143-smirk.gif

I had a heated windscreen on my new fiesta and you could see the grid whereas you can hardly notice it on the yeti it really is very well done and if you suffer from very cold starts like our rural location in winter its a must have and have to say it worked brilliantly last winter !!

Had heated screens in the past with Fords and was one of the first options I went for with my 2nd (technically 3rd :giggle: ) Yeti, particularly after my experience of operating the previous 140 and the time taken to clear the windscreen of thick frozen ice and snow.

4198183407_c56c1283b8_z.jpg?zz=1

Other option I've found very useful which I opted for quite late into the order being front park sensors, another one of these things you never felt was necessary but once you've got them wouldn't be without them.

TP

I have ordered a heated screen on my Yeti ... sadly it is unlikely the Yeti will fit under my garage door so it will need to live outside. Plan is if it is tucked in next to the house I will only have to scrape frost off one side of the car if the heated screens front and rear do the job ... time will tell!

I have ordered a heated screen on my Yeti ... sadly it is unlikely the Yeti will fit under my garage door so it will need to live outside. Plan is if it is tucked in next to the house I will only have to scrape frost off one side of the car if the heated screens front and rear do the job ... time will tell!

I've owned a couple of cars with heated screens, both Fords, and although you do notice the heating elements at first you very quickly get used to them.

After a couple of weeks you won't member they are there except for rare occasions in low sun.

It wasn't an option when I ordered my yeti but I would certainly have had it if it was as Harry lives outside and as previously stated the diesel does take a while to supply enough heat to defrost the screen on icy mornings.

Heated screen, push the button and you could drive off before you've had time to clear all the other windows.

Not that you would of course :)

Jeeves has a heated screen and tho don't need to use it very often, there's nothing to beat it when you do. Never had a problem with the filaments whatever the light conditions.

Thanks to all who have voted! This has convinced me to add it to the extras list on my order with James at Allams! I'm definately not going to add any more extras as Mrs Heffs may end up beating me senseless with a large Badger! :D