Not happy with Skoda

Hi All

Took receipt of my Skoda Superb 170ps Elegance only a couple of weeks ago. I have had issues with the Sat Nav (5 digit postcodes and no POI) I have contacted Skoda twice and my local Skoda dealer a few times but so far no solution. The dealership said the person with the technical knowledge is on holiday for 2 weeks so can not help. When I asked about a coutesey car they can only offer a entry level Fabia which is no use for my work committments. They said they can offer no other option?

I can live without the sat nav and use my TomTom but when you spend good money you expect the goods you requested. I have been having lease cars now for 15 years and this is the most problems I have had - I will be going back to the BMW's and Audis again after this car runs out.

Skoda need to stick to cheap cars as thats the service they offer

Hi All

Took receipt of my Skoda Superb 170ps Elegance only a couple of weeks ago. I have had issues with the Sat Nav (5 digit postcodes and no POI) I have contacted Skoda twice and my local Skoda dealer a few times but so far no solution. The dealership said the person with the technical knowledge is on holiday for 2 weeks so can not help. When I asked about a coutesey car they can only offer a entry level Fabia which is no use for my work committments. They said they can offer no other option?

I can live without the sat nav and use my TomTom but when you spend good money you expect the goods you requested. I have been having lease cars now for 15 years and this is the most problems I have had - I will be going back to the BMW's and Audis again after this car runs out.

Skoda need to stick to cheap cars as thats the service they offer

Understandably you are upset and aggrieved having ordered a brand new car which you now have problems with - however is the sat nav the only issue? Why would the dealer need to offer you a courtesy car? Perhaps the "Technical" guy at the dealership is genuinely on holiday?

If it is a lease car then surely your first point of contact must be them and advise them of the problems/issues. They can then take the issue up directly with the supplying dealer.

Hi

The dealer said they would need to have the car in for the day - so thats the need for a coutesy car - my superb boot is full to the roof with work products so would need to transfer this to another vehicle for that day.

The technical guy is on holiday thats not a problem - but not to have anyone else who can help? - thats not acceptable. When I go on holiday i dont tell my customers that the company cant help you for two week?

I have contacted Lex but they say its a new car and this is a warranty issue - which it is?

Sounds like it just needs a map update to get the full post code. I've got V7 in my desk if you're local to Epsom, pop in and you can update it. I haven't got the firmware though, you'll need to go through the workshop for that if it requires a firmware update, which it shouldn't.

Sounds like it just needs a map update to get the full post code. I've got V7 in my desk if you're local to Epsom, pop in and you can update it. I haven't got the firmware though, you'll need to go through the workshop for that if it requires a firmware update, which it shouldn't.

There you go Marcus - looks like James is offering a solution, not sure of your location to Epsom but perhaps it's worth suggesting the solution to your dealer??

You'd think it wouldn't require a firmware upgrade.

All I'm saying is that in March this year when I bought my Octy with Columbus it had V7.1 Maps but the Firmware was still old - so no 7-digit postcodes.

I upgraded the firmware myself rather than taking the car back - less than an hour, although it did format my HD forcing me to reinstall maps and music.

Just saying a Columbus supplied to me in March still had outdated firmware on, so possible OP needs firmware upgrade too.

Could be possible then that a firmware update is required then. What is the latest map out now? I think 7.2 was launched in the last week or so or are we on 7.1 still?

I can go and check with the parts department once they settled down with the mornings deliverys/collections.

Could be possible then that a firmware update is required then. What is the latest map out now? I think 7.2 was launched in the last week or so or are we on 7.1 still?

I can go and check with the parts department once they settled down with the mornings deliverys/collections.

It would be very helpful and greatly appreciated if you could indicate both the latest map and firmware versions.

Stoofa.... can you indicate what firmware version you installed ?

Many thanks.

I will mention this to my dealer - Im in Wiltshire so Epson is a little too far but thanks for the offer.

I have a copy of V7 on disc and I'm in Wilts if it's any help?

It would be very helpful and greatly appreciated if you could indicate both the latest map and firmware versions.

Stoofa.... can you indicate what firmware version you installed ?

Many thanks.

Let me check back to the one I installed.

There are a few different firmware revisions doing the rounds and I picked the last of the 2xxx line as they are classed as "final" whereas a lot of others are beta.

Let me find you a link to the one I grabbed.

Skoda say they don't like you doing the firmware upgrades yourself - I will say it took about 30 minutes and was extremely straight forward.

However I did have to reinstall my maps afterwards - so only do this if you have a copy of the maps.

If it goes wrong it will be time for a trip to dealer "What me guv? I never done nothing" :-)

Ok had some success! Borrowed a disk of a friend and loaded the poi which now work well. But the sat nav is still not how it should be? When I click on add destination it always goes to country, I type in Europe, next option town/postcode, I type the first 4 letters/numbers in but that's it does not let me type the remaining 2 letters in? Just gives me an option of eg SN1 4, SN1 5 etc etc........

Is this it? Or can you search by 6 digit postcodes?

By the way Skoda UK said the local dealer should get me a bigger car but the dealer is refusing and saying Fabia or nothing?!?

Many thanks

I picked up my car about a month ago & having had very little luck with new cars in the past was looking for something to be wrong. In my excitement playing with all its new toys I could not get the sat nav to accept the full post code. After an irate call to the dealer, who insisted the maps & software were up to date, I had another look.

To my embarassment I discovered that after typing in first letters & numbers all the keys were blanked out - apart from one at the bottom left. Just had to press "A-Z" and I could type in the rest of the post code.

How daft did I feel when letting the dealer know the sat nav actually worked fine & it was me that had failed to work :)

BTW:

HW-version H06

SW-version 3974

Map Version HDD 7476

Not sure if this is latest or not.

I picked up my car about a month ago & having had very little luck with new cars in the past was looking for something to be wrong. In my excitement playing with all its new toys I could not get the sat nav to accept the full post code. After an irate call to the dealer, who insisted the maps & software were up to date, I had another look.

To my embarassment I discovered that after typing in first letters & numbers all the keys were blanked out - apart from one at the bottom left. Just had to press "A-Z" and I could type in the rest of the post code.

How daft did I feel when letting the dealer know the sat nav actually worked fine & it was me that had failed to work :)

BTW:

HW-version H06

SW-version 3974

Map Version HDD 7476

Not sure if this is latest or not.

This is not an option after the first 3 letters/numbers it then goes to list not keyboard - list all options for area!!

then you have to put in road etc etc

pain in the ar5e!!!