New car ordered - optimistic?

Morning All

After my test drive at the weekend I ordered my new car through our lease company(ALD) and received confirmation through this morning with an estimated delivery date of 30/01/12 (25 weeks).

What do you guys reckon' too optimistic?

Ordered Skoda Superb Estate 1.6CR Greenline II

Amethyst Purple

Black Onyx Leather

Side Manual Sunscreens

Floor Mats

Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror

Can't wait to get rid of my Volvo S60 2.4 D5 for this. Great car but nowhere near as comfortable as the superb and nowhere near as many toys...will miss the power though.

Hi,

Nice choice of car!

Yes 6 months seems reasonable although I myself would have quoted you 6-8 months to play it safe as it is so hard to give accurate lead times when they are like this.

6 months is entirely possible though.

Hope you enjoy the Superb when you get it!

Morning All

After my test drive at the weekend I ordered my new car through our lease company(ALD) and received confirmation through this morning with an estimated delivery date of 30/01/12 (25 weeks).

What do you guys reckon' too optimistic?

Ordered Skoda Superb Estate 1.6CR Greenline II

Amethyst Purple

Black Onyx Leather

Side Manual Sunscreens

Floor Mats

Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror

Can't wait to get rid of my Volvo S60 2.4 D5 for this. Great car but nowhere near as comfortable as the superb and nowhere near as many toys...will miss the power though.

I ordered a similar spec, though not the mats after reading comments on here.

I did order the wood decor and the park assist (expensive gadget and don't tell the wife).

I ordered 3 months and one week ago (via autoebid - saving £2500 or so on the best dealer offer) and Skoda UK still haven't come up with a build date.

I have been told the Greenline wait is quite long - likely to be 9 months - good job I am not in a hurry!

Hi there

I ordered my car Superb 170Cr 4X4 on 5th Jan and iam STILL WAITING ON A BUILD DATE. I have been told that it may be Dec (Due to it being 4X4)before i get my hands on the new car that makes it almost a year. So good luck with what Skoda have told you about a 6 month delivery as that was what i was told in Jan my delivery date (29 Jul) has come and gone and it still hasnt even been issued a build date yet. As you may have guessed that i am not happy with Skoda at the moment.

Hi

I ordered mine at the end of may via Leasedrive

Original estimate for delivery was beginning o November but it is due at the dealer 29th of this month

This is a 2L 140bhp elegance spec with some extras

I was told to expect 6 months and probably 7 to 8 months on a greenline II

I think VAG are doin there best to bring the lead times down

Ordered my 140 Estate early May and had confirmation from dealer that it is build week 35 with an end of September delivery to dealer. Should get my grubby mitts on it early October. Seems like ages I have waited for this :)

• 2 weeks later...

I Ordered a stock car... black 140bhp elegance combi with full size spare and auto dimming mirror... delivered within 3 weeks... Niceeee.

What's the stock situation like MarkB77? Is there plenty of choice?

I've now suggested to the lease company that I would consider a stock car if the right one is available - I still don't have a build date but they still reckon delivery in December. I think not !!

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered my 140 Estate early May and had confirmation from dealer that it is build week 35 with an end of September delivery to dealer. Should get my grubby mitts on it early October. Seems like ages I have waited for this :)

Collecting mine this Friday and I can't wait :) First new car ever :)

I ordered mine on the 21st December and it arrived last Monday. Now I did have doubts about the wait and very nearly cancelled. I am so glad I didn't. It is the best car I've driven and the colour (Rosso Brunello) and the chrome trim have provoked many appreciative comments from friends and strangers. I parked well away from the crowd today at Tesco to arrive laden with groceries (a flick of the electric tailgate and I had dumped my stuff)to explain that, yes it was a Skoda, and, no you don't see many of them about,etc etc. In short one guy thought, as I do, that it was gorgeous.

Something to remember, specially as i walked in on my local dealer & over heard a conversation with a customer who had a Octy Greenline CR.

Make sure you do long runs in it to ensure the DPF is cleared out regularly, as it transpires that this customer only does very short journeys, & only has 9k after a years ownership. emoticon-0145-shake.gif

Good luck with your delivery, & do persist in waiting, it will be worth it

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Just an update that I can't quite believe. Logged on to our Lease companies web site and my delivery date has come forward to 28th November from 31st Jan 2012....not sure I want to believe it. Maybe Skoda are starting to get the lead times down??

• 4 weeks later...

Another update,

My car is built and arriving at the dealers early next week, so PDI and delivery, hopefully have it around 18th November if not earlier!

Can't wait, getting excited and ready to hand the Volvo back.

It gets better - now picking mine up on 11th Nov!

Already ordered a spare wheel kit and boot mat from Skoda.

Custom mats from another supplier arriving tomorrow.

Insurance sorted.

Thinking about buying my own "Gap" insurance - the finance company is far too expensive for that. Anyone have experience of buying stand alone Gap insurance?

It gets better - now picking mine up on 11th Nov!

Already ordered a spare wheel kit and boot mat from Skoda.

Custom mats from another supplier arriving tomorrow.

Insurance sorted.

Thinking about buying my own "Gap" insurance - the finance company is far too expensive for that. Anyone have experience of buying stand alone Gap insurance?

If you don't mind me asking who is your supplying dealer?

Another update,

My car is built and arriving at the dealers early next week, so PDI and delivery, hopefully have it around 18th November if not earlier!

Can't wait, getting excited and ready to hand the Volvo back.

Same situation here - mine was built last week and the lease company have confirmed it is in transit to the dealer. Lease company had previously advised delivery in either 2nd or 3rd week of November so we could get them at the same time!

If you don't mind me asking who is your supplying dealer?

Not sure who the dealer is.

I'm getting the car from Cars & Finance via autoebid.

They deal with the dealer.

Same situation here - mine was built last week and the lease company have confirmed it is in transit to the dealer. Lease company had previously advised delivery in either 2nd or 3rd week of November so we could get them at the same time!

Coops, any update on your car? Mine is at the dealers today and just waiting PDI, hope they don't take 5 working days (worst case).

Turkish - Lease company say it's in transit to dealer (last Tuesday) and it would be a week or so. Haven't heard anything else to be honest.

I suspect I'll get it next week - who is yours leased through and do you know the supplying dealer?

Turkish - Lease company say it's in transit to dealer (last Tuesday) and it would be a week or so. Haven't heard anything else to be honest.

I suspect I'll get it next week - who is yours leased through and do you know the supplying dealer?

Coops, Lease company is ALD and supplying dealer is DM Keith in Leeds. DM Keith seem to get some bad press on here but they have got me in some accessories (boot mat etc) that I have paid for myself and they will deliver them with the car, can't fault them, fingers crossed I will still be saying that by the end of next week.

I ordered a 3.6 4x4 V6 DSG Estate with a host of extras on 1st October. Dealer optimistic about a build date around wk 48/49. Sent e-mail to Skoda last night with SLI (order) number and got a call this morning. The Skoda system shows tentative build date (Status code 10) as wk 1 2012, but this may change. Actual build date is only confirmed when moved to Status code 20. Then told it takes 5 days to build, likely to take 3 1/2 weeks to get to supplying dealer and then however long it takes them to register/prepare car. So looking at mid-Feb most likely or around 20 weeks. He did say that I had a lot of extras and this may affect the build date. So factoring the closeness of the change of registration number series most likely looking at early March delivery.

The guy who phoned from Skoda [John Good] was extremely helpful in explaing the build/delivery process.

Disappointed but very impressed with Skoda handling of my information request.

Okay

Car is being delivered Monday, happy days. The weekend to get everything sorted and checked and old car ready to hand back, Monday night could be a long one when I get in from work, so many settings to customise and toys to set-up!!!

Ordered 12th August, delivery 21st November, I make that 14 weeks 3 days, not too shabby.

I will have the camera ready.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Ordered my Superb SE Greenline II in Pacific Blue last week (no options), and currently being quoted 10 to 12 weeks.

I will get back in touch with the dealer in a month or so, and see if there is a confirmed build date. The sooner it turns up the better, my current car is really rather poorly.

Getting excited now :)