VRS rear mudflaps

Fubar. That sounds like a plan. Are they easy for a novice to fit?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Easy enough see link below some talk in that thread of fitting also further back in here, fronts straight on perfect, rears fit but slightly more annoying to fit. Some good tips from folk on how to make them easier to put on. I did mine without removing wheels and have massive hands, lesser men failed :P 

Littleade. Can you send me some pics of yours please?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Quotes below from this thread and original source of my pics for the race blue hatch with square types.

Well by chance I got a snap or 2 but not a part No. Saw packaging for rear ones as KEA 600 001 A and in the square ones are KEA 600 001 so minus the 'A' at end. Then if I change the front part No. for square ones being KEA 600 002 to KEA 600 002 A, adding the 'A' at end and google it I found them listed on a German Octavia forum as the front FL shape ones stating the same with old part No add and 'A' and its the FL ones.

So I am saying Part/Accessory No's are (might be wrong don't think so though):

Front Pre FL (square) KEA 600 002
Rear Pre FL (square) KEA 600 001

Front FL (rounded) KEA 600 002 A
Rear FL (rounded) KEA 600 001 A

If UK dealers are able to see/order these is another matter but they can be from here and I believe they are approx €12 for front set. I was there when the rounded ones went on and they were just as easy as the square ones to fit. Rear just as awkward!

My awesome square ones (click on picture to enlarge)
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Blackline with rounded front flaps (click on picture to enlarge)
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

(click on picture to enlarge)
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Also same pics used in this thread from original post here http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/201279-vrs-hatch-rear-mud-flaps-fitting

sorry I forgot all been busy busy busy as close to a perfect fit as I got by just sticking them straight on but 1000 miles in a few days since I did it and they are still there inc 1 car wash emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

img20110513184028.jpg

img20110513184108.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers Fubar- no point in me taking any now as even the colours the same!

Raidevita,

Mine look just like the race blue one in Fubars pics. It's personal preference as to which you prefer though. Niether are brilliant in keeping the crud off - I got the square ones at about £45 for the set because my dealer didn't have the part number for the round fronts, just the rears so I chose square front and rear so they matched. IIRC the round ones are cheaper at circa £12 for the rears as they are OE but I wasn't quoted a price for the fronts as they couldn't find them 'on the system'

Cheers Fubar- no point in me taking any now as even the colours the same!

Raidevita,

Mine look just like the race blue one in Fubars pics. It's personal preference as to which you prefer though. Niether are brilliant in keeping the crud off - I got the square ones at about £45 for the set because my dealer didn't have the part number for the round fronts, just the rears so I chose square front and rear so they matched. IIRC the round ones are cheaper at circa £12 for the rears as they are OE but I wasn't quoted a price for the fronts as they couldn't find them 'on the system'

Yea the square ones were listed as accessories and twice the price of the rounded ones which were listed as parts. Skoda in the UK do not appear to be allowed to order the rounded fronts. The impression on the forum was that these did not exist until earlier in the thread when I dispelled said myth once and for all, took some convincing though lol. Rounded are same part number as square but with an 'A' at end for each set. 

Ordered full set from oemvag.es. IT came to £52.00 incl shipping, bit more than I wanted to spend but the round ones are what I prefer, the squares are just not doing it for me.

Thanks everyone for the heads up on the parts etc.

Regards

• Like 1

Ordered full set from oemvag.es. IT came to £52.00 incl shipping, bit more than I wanted to spend but the round ones are what I prefer, the squares are just not doing it for me.

Thanks everyone for the heads up on the parts etc.

Regards

Wow I think I best stick to the square ones personally, I don't want it 'doing' anything for anyone at the mere sight of the flaps!   :whew:

• 1 month later...

Dealers struggle to find them on the system because the square profile flaps are the recommended 'accessories'.

The rounded profile flaps are available as 'spare parts' only so they need to search for them using the above part numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

Attempted to fit my rear rounded mud flaps without taking the wheels off. Unsuccessful due to the holes not lining up properly. I've read on here that a few have managed to do it without adding new holes. How on earth did you do it? I'm.confused why the fronts go on so easily and the rears don't.

As I said in my PM, take the wheels off, warm them in hot water and voilà hey presto they fit.

VRS front is same as a standard octavia but rear bumper is different and makes it a slightly off fit for the flaps but they do go on. Some people soften them up in hot water to make them more pliable and pukl them into position so holes line up and put screw back in. 

I managed to do the fronts without taking the wheels off by going on full lock. I did try fitting the rears without taking the wheels off but gave up in the end.It was at this point I found I had no jack or wheel brace with mine which prompted me to get the spare wheel kit though I had a jack and socket set to do the business. I also used some black silicone behind the flaps on the inner wheel arch on the rears to make sure I got a good seal and put some copper grease between the alloys and the hub so they don't sieze.

Okay cheers. I'll try the warm water solution.

Fubar..well done to you for getting them on without taking the wheels off. Think you have different fixings though. I would have easily done it if they were close.

I have fitted both sets (square and rounded) on different VRS's :)